Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Government Relations Senior Associate
What We’ll Bring:
At TransUnion, we have a welcoming and energetic environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. We are consistently exploring new technologies and tools to be agile. This environment gives our people the opportunity to hone current skills and build new capabilities, while discovering their genius.
Come be a part of our team – you’ll work with great people, pioneering products and cutting-edge technology.
In collaboration with TransUnion’s Government Affairs team and business partners, this position will play a central role in executing and delivering on TransUnion’s government relations and political strategy.
This position will engage directly with elected officials and their staffs, industry associations, and other stakeholders in the advancement of TransUnion’s public policy and thought leadership objectives.
What You’ll Bring:
- 4 – 6 years of public policy, public affairs, legal or political experience.
- Meaningful policy or political experience in data technology, privacy or financial services matters.
- Monitor US and global landscape for policy/political developments with potential impact to TransUnion.
- Research policies (legislative and regulatory) and summarize for internal stakeholders.
- Draft memos and create PowerPoint presentations on key issues for Policy and Government Affairs Team.
- Draft comment letters and other materials in support of TransUnion policy positions.
We’d Love to see:
- Participate in external organizations and trade associations engaged in public policy and government affairs activities as needed.
- Coordinate a range of activities for the Government Relations team, including meetings, events, project management, and cross-functional engagement.
- Understanding of legislative, regulatory and political processes, including -Congressional procedure and the Administrative Procedures Act.
- Ability to manage multiple, complex issues in a fast moving environment.
- Clear reputation for ethical conduct.
Impact You’ll Make:
- Advance TransUnion’s overarching government relations objectives through lobbying.
- Build and maintain relationships with key public officials.
- Monitor and report on legislative initiatives at the federal and state levels.
- Proactively identify opportunities for building the TU brand and thought leadership.
- Report to senior management on political developments and the broader political topography relevant to the Company’s commercial interests.
- Position TransUnion as a leader in the risk, data, analytics, and information policy discussions occurring in Washington through engagement with peers and industry associations.
Main Interface Externally:
- U.S. Congress
- Biden Administration (i.e., Treasury, CFPB, NEC)
- Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, Federal Trade Commission and other government entities
- Consumer Data Industry Association and other relevant trade associations
- This is an essential position requiring physical presence in a TransUnion office or other in-person job responsibilities.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, TransUnion has several safety protocols in place to protect associates, customers, and visitors. You may be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment and/or to participate in certain work-related activities. Exemption is available to qualified candidates as a reasonable accommodation.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2022-09-08