Government Relations Senior Staff
Description:The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to think big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you!
Interested in Aerospace and Defense Policy? Do you believe in the importance exploring out there and the benefits space and exploration brings to everyday life down here? This position is an exceptional mid-career opportunity for someone who thrives on what is happening in space and how it works at the policy level – like what organizations are involved, the role of government, business, education, and community officials and organizations, and how Lockheed Martin Space (LMS) translates policy activities into business success.
The Government Relations Senior Representative reports directly to the LMS Director of Government Relations and supports the overall Strategy and Business Development Team.
In this dynamic role you will:
• Coordinate government relations activities in California and provide support to site executives and the Strategic and Missile Defense (SMD) Systems Program.
• Work primarily at the state and local level but also interact with federal officials and national organizations.
• Provide day to day supervision over other government relations personnel and work closely with Community Relations, Programs, and Site Executives.
• Track and analyze legislative and regulatory trends and government relations activities of corporate, LMS, other LM companies, and other aerospace, defense, and business companies and organizations.
• Prepare reports, presentations, and other products as directed.
• Assist with the planning, coordination, and execution of Government Relations and Program activities and events.
May occasionally represent LMS at functions, events, with organizations, and before governmental officials.
• Provide support to SMD in planning, coordinating, organizing, and executing internal and external meetings, events, and activities including with customers, employees, and visitors.
• Regularly plan and execute multiple events/visits simultaneously in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
Individual should be a strong planner and problem solver who readily adapts to change, works independently and exceeds expectations. Must be able to juggle multiple priorities and requests and meet tight deadlines without compromising quality. Candidate must have outstanding written and verbal communication skills and will be required to engage effective with all levels of leadership and senior level visitors. We’re looking for someone who has a passion for the space industry and has had educational and early and mid-career involvement with identifying, analyzing, and translating related information into action.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
• At least 15 years’ of professional experience in business and business organizations such as chambers
• 5-8 years’ experience with federal, state, and local issues and governmental processes
• 4-5 years’ experience with aerospace and defense companies and organizations
• Experience interacting with executive leadership and senior level government customers
• Experience tracking legislation and regulatory activity
• Experience preparing and executing meetings, visits and events
• Proficiency in MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel is required
• Ability to write clearly and concisely and prepare written products and presentations
• Ability to plan, coordinate, and execute events and activities both individually and in collaboration with others
• Occasional travel required
• US Citizenship is required with the ability to obtain a Secret Clearance
• Experience working with:
– Silicon Valley Leadership Group, Bay Area Chambers of Commerce, and/or similar organizations
– The California Chapter of the Aerospace States Association and/or similar organizations
– Citizens for Space Exploration
• Experience in collaborating with and advising on policy, budgetary, programmatic and political issues as they relate to business interests
• Team player
• Ability to work with a diverse set of individuals to act as one in the pursuit of common business objectives
• Strategic thinking
• Ability to analyze the “big picture” from the political, customer and company perspectives and to make practical recommendations to the Director of Government Relations regarding communications and political advocacy at the local, state, and federal levels
• Ability to identify and understand trends in political and customer communities as derived from trade publications, political, and economic forums and interaction with key stakeholders
• Ability to develop and maintain industry, government and community relationships as part of an integrated and ongoing process of win and “keep sold” and business development activities
• Ability to operate among senior company, customer, business, and political leaders and to be seen in these communities as an authentic and credible representative of Lockheed Martin
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-04-28