Government Relations Specialist
The government relations specialist position will be an advocate of BeneLynk’s values (T.R.A.I.N.) across internal and external associates.
The specialist is responsible for engaging and interacting the appropriate federal, state, county and local community agencies to advocate and support the organization’s goal to help individuals get the benefits they deserve. The specialist directly supports the (associate) vice president of government relations and maintains strong working relationships with internal stakeholders.
The role is responsible for understanding the company goals, operational environment and constraints, and works with government entities and the BeneLynk team to deliver the services and solutions that achieve those goals.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
1. Develop and implement government relations strategies which amplify company differentiators, including procedures.
2. Follow up with state and local government Medicaid staff to obtain application outcome information when state correspondence isn’t received.
3. Analyze state eligibility decisions and provide direct member advocacy to resolve errors, including filing appeals on behalf of members and representing them at fair hearings as needed.
4. Monitor data to identify trends that negatively impact members and company revenue to analyze opportunities and implement internal process improvements.
5. Develop and maintain relationships with government and/or local community agency representatives and key external stakeholders.
6. Conduct Medicaid/SNAP policy research and document state-specific policies and procedures for internal use; Monitor states’ Medicaid/SNAP program and policy changes, and analyze and communicate operational impacts
7. Advises the manager and/or other operations teams of the any relevant process implications; new ideas and/or process improvement suggestions.
8. Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Education –Bachelors Degree (preferred) or relevant experience
2. Experience –5 year experience in government affairs or advocacy; 5 years experience working in healthcare (preferred); Knowledge of Medicaid/Snap eligibility policy (preferred); Excellent skills in analyzing, understanding and translating complex legislative, regulatory and policy issues (strongly preferred).
3. Communication – Strong oral and written communication skills; with the interpersonal skills necessary to interact with government and community entities
4. Work Style – Passion for advocacy; ability to work collaboratively and independently as the circumstances require self-motivated and detail-oriented
BeneLynk is committed to providing Equal Opportunity in Employment, to all applicants and employees regardless of, race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
BeneLynk participates in E-Verify. We will provide the U.S. Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employer’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-09-04