Government Relations Specialist
Vista del Mar Child & Family Services
- The Government Relations Specialist is responsible for building and maintaining relationships with the local (including city, county, and school districts), state and federal governing bodies and representatives. This position works to enhance the organization’s image and public awareness to governing authorities.
- The Government Relations Specialist will report directly to the Chief Development Officer as well as the Chief Executive Officer and the Government Relations Committee on the Board of Directors to support projects that create effective government relations. This includes developing and coordinating public affairs strategies, engaging with public officials and their staff, monitoring legislative and regulatory issues, and analyzing pending policy proposals.
- The Government Relations Specialist is responsible for assisting in identifying government funding opportunities that Vista Del Mar is eligible for and being a part of the government grants team. Additionally, the Government Relations Specialist will be involved in monitoring activities that may affect the public perception of Vista Del Mar and in preparing the organization to communicate effectively with government stakeholders as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Government Affairs, Political Science, Public Administration, Public Relations or related field. Master’s Degree preferred. Relevant work experience may be considered as an alternative to a graduate degree.
- Minimum of 7 – 10 years Government Affairs, Public Administration or Public Relations experience.
- Knowledge of LA City and County government structure, function and operation; community networks and alliances, local electronic and print media.
To apply for this job email your details to CraigPrizant@VistaDelMar.org
Reply Subject: Government Relations Specialist
Job posted: 2021-01-07