Government Relations Sr. Analyst
Calpine is a large independent generator with approximately 27 GW of capacity nationally and 6 GW in California. Our portfolio in California consists primarily of gas-fired and geothermal generation. In addition, we own one of the largest energy service providers and are actively developing solar, storage, and other projects in California.
We are looking for a senior analyst to join our California regulatory team. The senior analyst will help the team address the regulatory issues of most concern to Calpine in California including resource adequacy, integrated resource planning, renewables procurement, and carbon policy.
Among other responsibilities, the Analyst would provide analysis of legislative or regulatory policy issues impacting Calpine and/or the energy industry; draft position papers, briefings, presentations, and regulatory testimony; help to develop Calpine/energy industry legislative and policy initiatives and advocacy; and participate in public policy processes such as stakeholder meetings and regulatory workshops and hearings.
Candidates should have experience in policy research, development, analysis, and advocacy experience specific to the electricity industry.
Job Scope & Technical Excellence:
• Understanding of the electricity industry and the relevant policy venues.
• Demonstrated ability to prepare and present high quality policy analysis on complex issues.
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize work according to strict deadlines.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Demonstrated quantitative skills.
Requirements Education & Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in a related area (political science, environmental science, public policy, or similar area) or equivalent experience. Master’s or other advanced degree a plus.
• Solid knowledge of energy policies and experience in policy research, development and analysis.
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
Calpine is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on case-by-case basis.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-09-29