Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Government Relations Sr. Manager
What We’ll Bring:
At TransUnion, we have a welcoming and energetic environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. We are consistently exploring new technologies and tools to be agile. This environment gives our people the opportunity to hone current skills and build new capabilities, while discovering their genius.
Come be a part of our team – you’ll work with great people, pioneering products and cutting-edge technology.
What You’ll Bring:
- 5-7 years of public policy, government affairs/relations, and/or policy development experience, preferably with in-house experience
- Public policy experience on consumer data technology, privacy, or financial services matters
- Track record of identifying and executing creative solutions to address public policy and government relations challenges and opportunities
- Experience working closely with and desire for high engagement with policymakers and staff
- Skilled at persuasively and diplomatically advocating complex policy positions before a wide variety of audiences
We’d Love to See:
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, and exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to take initiative and adapt to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- High-energy, self-motivated, collaborative and positive attitude.
- Clear reputation for ethical conduct.
Impact You’ll Make:
- In collaboration with TransUnion’s Government Relations team, this role will be responsible for assisting and executing TU’s federal advocacy strategy.
- Build and maintain relationships with key public officials and serve as a TU ambassador with key external stakeholders.
- Monitor and report on legislative and regulatory initiatives at the federal level impacting the business, and work with business leaders and lawmakers to shape legislative and regulatory outcomes.
- Continually build and develop relationships with key policy stakeholders in the federal policy space.
- Collaborate with and educate internal business executives and legal colleagues to understand and convey the impact of legislative and regulatory proposals on the corporation.
Main Interfaces Externally:
- U.S. Congress
- Biden Administration (i.e., Treasury, CFPB, NEC)
- Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, Federal Trade Commission and other government entities
- Consumer Data Industry Association and other relevant trade associations
- Broad TU U.S. customer base
- During the COVID-19 pandemic, TransUnion has several safety protocols in place to protect associates, customers, and visitors. You may be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment and/or to participate in certain work-related activities. The exemption is available to qualified candidates as a reasonable accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, TransUnion has several safety protocols in place to protect associates, customers, and visitors. You may be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment and/or to participate in certain work-related activities. Exemption is available to qualified candidates as a reasonable accommodation.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2022-09-08