Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Government Relations Sr Specialist – Healthcare Consulting
Sellers Dorsey is a leading national healthcare consultancy firm focused on Medicaid strategy and Medicaid finance. We deliver impactful outcomes for our clients with a combination of technical expertise and deep understanding of public policy, government and the national and local political landscape.
Sellers Dorsey is seeking a government relations professional with experience managing lobbyists and with an understanding of Medicaid policy to join our government affairs team.
This position supports Sellers Dorsey’s corporate government relations function by engaging with Medicaid consulting teams, sales directors and our national consulting practice. The Senior Specialist will assist with the management an assigned portfolio of states and state lobbyists. This position will assist with political and policy analysis and the internal distribution of policy and political intelligence. The Senior Specialist will help grow the government affairs function internally and will help drive current and future strategies as needed at the direction of the VP of Government Relations.
The primary focus of this role is to proactively engage with our teams and our contracted state lobbyists in selected states, support successful collaboration and internal communications. This role will likely require some travel and participation at selected conferences. Candidates should be confident in their ability to represent the firm with policymakers, coalition partners and generally support external communications efforts.
- Bachelor’s degree required, graduate degree preferred.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in state government affairs, working with and managing lobbyists, work with associations and advocacy experience required.
- Experience with federal policy, Congress, CMS and in dept understanding of Medicaid policy. Experience with insurance, healthcare or Medicaid policy preferred but not required.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Highly efficient, flexible, and motivated.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and in teams.
- Ability to interact professionally with team members and company leadership.
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address. For more information, view the EEO is the Law Poster and Pay Transparency Statement.
This position requires that you be fully vaccinated against Covid-19. Requests for reasonable accommodation on the basis of disability and/or sincerely held religious beliefs will be provided subject to undue hardship.
Sellers Dorsey maintains a Drug-Free workplace.
JOB CODE: SR CON
Job posted: 2022-10-30