Governmental Affairs Analyst
UDR, Inc. is now hiring a Governmental Affairs Analyst to join our team at our corporate office in Highlands Ranch.
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
Position is responsible for the research and tracking of industry-related governmental affairs including, but not limited to national/state/county/local rent control measures, COVID regulations, local zoning rules for newly constructed multifamily buildings, environmental regulations for new construction/existing apartment communities, etc. Under the direction of the Manager – Governmental Affairs, the position will focus on delivering analytics, metrics, insight, and solutions that contribute to the department’s and organization’s decision-making process, including market and asset selection.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Reports directly to the Manager, Governmental Affairs
- Conduct legislative and regulatory research as needed at the local, county, state, federal, and judicial levels.
- Consolidate necessary data for reporting on key regulatory and legislative activity.
- Assist in the maintenance of regulatory database(s) through the tracking of data and consistent updating.
- Develop and maintain regulatory related reports as necessary.
- Coordinate with various UDR teams to ensure that all regulatory topics that do, or could, impact the Company are being tracked, reported on, and proactively addressed.
- Assist in the coordination of regulatory efforts with various trade associations.
- Perform other duties as assigned or as necessary.
PERFORMANCE REQUIREMENTS: Knowledge of organizational policies and procedures. Knowledge and understanding of business research principles, processes, and techniques. Knowledge of fiscal management and office management techniques. Ability to apply policies and procedures to solve everyday company issues.
Ability to gather and analyze data and generate reports. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to monitor and/or maintain quality control standards. Ability to exercise initiative, problem-solving and decision-making skills. Ability to proactively recognize and implement superior customer service to internal and external customers. Must have very high-level organizational skills and have major focus on details.
Must have the ability to meet deadlines by working independently and with a team, as well as be able to determine priorities and move projects forward without direct supervision. Must have a willingness and ability to take ownership of and accountability for projects/tasks.
Polished interpersonal skills. Strong personnel management skills with the ability to multitask. Strong oral and written communication skills. Ability to respond to common inquiries from management.
Strong problem solving, analytical and organizational skills. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret relevant topics. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to prepare analysis, reports, and communication documents.
Knowledge of computer systems and applications with MS Office applications and advanced Excel skills. Ability to process computer data and to format and generate reports. Knowledge of web technology at the business level. Performs duties that require strong comprehension, analytical, research, composition, communication, and organizational skills.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Occasionally lifting items weighing up to 30 lbs. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator, and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare, and communicate appropriate reports. Regular and consistent attendance on the job is an essential function.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS: Normal office environment. Occasional evening work with possibility on weekends.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Undergraduate degree with an emphasis in economics, political science, public policy, real estate, or business preferred; currently enrolled student is acceptable.
• Medical, Dental, Vision Plans
• Medical Flexible Spending Account
• Dependent Care Spending Account
• Supplemental Term Life Insurance
• Voluntary Cancer Insurance
• Supplemental Short-Term Disability Insurance / AD&D Insurance
• Voluntary Long Term Care Insurance
• 401(k) Plan with company match
• $40,000.00/yr. (minimum) – $60,000.00/yr. (maximum), depends on experience
• Eligible for 10% annual bonus potential, based on personal and company performance
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-02-07