Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Governmental Affairs Coordinator
The National Association of Bond Lawyers is seeking a Governmental Affairs Coordinator to work primarily with and report to the Director of Governmental Affairs (DGA) who represents NABL’s membership before Congress and federal agencies. The Coordinator facilitates the DGA in developing and executing federal advocacy strategy, tracking and finalizing NABL work projects, and other association duties as assigned.
Our Advocacy Priorities
We support sensible, commonsense policies that enable state and local governments to tap into the $4.2 trillion municipal market and finance the critical infrastructure that builds strong, healthy, economically vibrant communities. We serve as a brain trust and resource for federal decision makers looking to strengthen financing tools for our communities. We specifically focus on the tax and securities laws governing municipal securities.
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Track, identify, research, and monitor federal legislation and agency rulemaking processes relevant to public finance law.
• Help the DGA develop and execute advocacy strategies to advance NABL’s federal policy priorities.
• Act as an alternate contact for NABL to Congressional and agency staff, and other public interest groups. Attend hearings, lobbying events, and other public meetings on behalf of DGA as needed.
• Work with DGA to staff NABL Committee meetings and help coordinate, proofread, track, and advance Committee-driven projects.
• Draft and update pieces of advocacy collateral such as policy primers, federal policy update emails, and other resources for members and federal decisionmakers.
• Help prepare NABL communications deliverables such as our Weekly Wrap newsletter and member alerts. Update relevant NABL advocacy webpages. Coordinate with NABL communications staff to develop execute social media strategies.
• Assist in scheduling/coordinating meetings, events, interviews, appointments, conference calls and/or other similar activities.
• Establish, maintain, and update files, databases, records, and/or other documents, such as lists of pending legislation, and contact lists.
• Provide administrative support for the NABL office with the day-to-day operations, such as answering telephones, opening mail, maintaining daily log of received checks, assisting visitors, staffing in-person events and conferences, and resolving and/or referring a range of problems and inquiries.
• Carry out such other general responsibilities as may be assigned.
This role is an ideal position for someone interested in federal policy, state and local finance, or infrastructure finance policy. Background in public policy, finance or law strongly preferred.
Association experience is preferred.
Email email@example.com for more information
Job posted: 2021-12-26