Governmental Affairs Lead
Santa Monica, CA
At GoodRx, we believe that all Americans should have access to convenient and affordable healthcare. As a nation, we spend about $3.5 trillion annually on our healthcare, but too many Americans struggle to get the care they need, and prices just keep rising. Our marketplaces for prescription medicines and telehealth have helped Americans save more than $20 billion since 2011. GoodRx is a profitable business funded by top-tier investors; we’re based in Santa Monica with additional offices around the country. We’re a low-key and tight-knit group that likes to find new ways to fix big problems. If you share our belief that you can do well by doing good, let’s talk.
About the Role:
The Government Affairs Lead will be the first member of the GoodRx team focused solely on government affairs. The position will proactively identify and analyze federal and state trends and legislative proposals, and identify strategies and opportunities related to these developments that will help advance GoodRx’s mission. The role will involve engaging with elected officials and other stakeholders in the U.S. government, state capitals around the country, and the industry at large. The Government Affairs Lead will report to the GoodRx’s General Counsel.
- Proactively identifying, monitoring and analyzing relevant federal and state policy trends, legislative proposals, and issues of importance to the company
- Creating a government affairs plan to address prioritized issues, developing and managing strategies to mitigate risks and identify opportunities or policy goals
- Working with the GC and other GoodRx leaders to identify and prioritize key policy areas of opportunity and challenge in the federal and state government affairs space.
- Working cross-functionally with the broader GoodRx team, including the GoodRx PR team, to advance policy projects and positions
- Traveling to meet with applicable federal and state offices
- Initiating and cultivating relationships with government officials, legislative committees and other relevant parties
- Develop and prepare materials and resources to support analysis of proposals and arguments regarding policy positions
- Working with other industry and thought leaders, consumer groups and stakeholders where appropriate to drive change, mitigate risk and drive opportunity. Building coalitions with external stakeholders as needed to advance policy projects and positions
- Building champions of GoodRx policy and advocacy.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Minimum 7-10 years of federal legislative experience, including detailed knowledge of the legislative process attained by working in or with the House and/or Senate, and an understanding of agency roles and regulatory processes.
- A working knowledge of general healthcare policy and drug pricing, as well as policies related to technology, online advertising and other issues relevant to consumer-facing companies.
- Experience building coalitions.
- Network of contacts consistent with level of experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong critical thinking and strategic skills demonstrating sound judgment
- Comfortable with taking ownership of projects and driving them to conclusion
- Bachelor’s degree.
GoodRx is America’s healthcare marketplace. The company offers the most comprehensive and accurate resource for affordable prescription medications in the U.S., gathering pricing information from thousands of pharmacies coast to coast, as well as a telehealth marketplace for online doctor visits and lab tests. Since 2011, Americans with and without health insurance have saved more than $20 billion using GoodRx and 15 million consumers use GoodRx each month to find current prices and discounts for their healthcare. GoodRx is the #1 most downloaded medical app on the iOS and Android app stores and tens of thousands of doctors recommend GoodRx to their patients. For more information, visit www.goodrx.com
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-07-16