Gov’t Affairs & Public Policy Lead (Federal)
- Assure that Electrify America and VW AG units are informed about Federal government actions that affect the Electrify America’s business.
- Affect the outcome of public policy processes before the Federal legislative & executive branches of government.
- Foresee Federal public policy opportunities that advance the interests of Electrify America and develop strategies to develop those activities.
- Build positive relations with governmental officials & institutions as well as outside organizations involved in the formation of public policy.
- Analyze & explain impact Federal Regulatory developments as they relate to Electrify America’s obligations outlined in appendix C of the partial consent decree
- Draft & disseminate internal analyses & reports regarding policy developments.
- Draft statements of corporate positions on policy issues including memoranda, fact sheets & comments for legislative hearing & administrative proceedings.
- Support the presentation of company positions in meetings with federal government officials, and support the drafting of proposed legislative & regulatory language.
- Support communication efforts with government representatives, industry representatives & representatives of other entities involved in development of policy.
- Participate in the Electric Vehicle committees, national associations, think tank dialogues, etc. related to the above matters.
Years of Experience: 5 – 7+ years
Bachelor’s degree (Required)
Master’s degree in Public Affairs of Law Degree (Desired)
- Analytical and conceptual thinking – using logic and reason, creative and strategic
- Communication skills – interpersonal, presentation and written
- Computer savvy – skilled in the use of software
- Integration – joining people, processes or systems
- Influencing and negotiation skills
- Problem solving
- Resource management
- 5-7+ years of experience in federal government affairs or public policy
- 2-4 years of proven success developing or influencing Federal legislation, regulation or public policy
- Capable of becoming registered as a lobbyist & if an attorney, must be a member in good standing of a State Bar Association
- Established relationship with Governmental Agencies (EPA, DOJ, DOE, Congress) Associations, academia, and other organizations involved in formulating public policy
- Policy analysis and impact analysis skills and experience
- Up to 50% travel to states and metropolitan areas in which Electrify America plans to focus investment.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-09-18