Gov’t, Political & Public Affairs – Director, Political Action
The International Association of Fire Fighters (IAFF) currently has an IMMEDIATE opportunity for a Director of Political Action!
Starting salary is $151K with SUPERB benefits including free comprehensive health insurance employee and dependents, 401k match, pension, and more!
With headquarters in Washington, DC, and Ottawa, Ontario, the International Association of Fire Fighters (IAFF) represents more than 310,000 full-time professional fire fighters and single-role EMS providers in more than 3,100 local affiliates.
Please note: The IAFF is unable to provide immigration sponsorship. Currently the IAFF is operating mostly virtually; however, upon returning to the office this position will be working from the office.
Responsible for managing the personnel and daily work activities of the political department. Serves as the lead staff liaison for the political department. Oversees the execution of programs and services for assigned constituency groups
· Provides assistance in developing the strategic direction and executing the political strategy of the IAFF and its affiliates.
· Provides political intelligence and advice to senior leadership, with the goal of aligning the political programs with the legislative goals of the IAFF.
· Manages the department’s budget lines, including general fund expenditures and PAC spending.
· Responsible for designing and implementing the IAFF’s political training programs, including the annual Political Training Academy and the State PTA program.
· Develop and lead execution of the union’s electoral strategy, including member to member field efforts and communications.
· Provide expert advice and tactical/strategic guidance to IAFF state and local affiliates in the execution of locally important political campaigns.
· Assists in developing and executing the political field program of the IAFF.
· Manages the day-to-day operations of the IAFF’s FIREPAC member driven fundraising program as well as assures FIREPAC maintains compliance with federal, state and local election and campaign finance laws, and state and local grassroots lobbying regulations.
· Represents the IAFF as a subject matter expert on political and labor issues with various constituencies and other stakeholders.
· Performs other duties as required to support the department and its mission.
· Bachelor’s Degree
· Minimum of 5 years related experience, with a particular emphasis on political organizing, strategy, and execution of field campaigns.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Expert knowledge in political strategy and effective strategy for political campaigns
· Expert knowledge in political fundraising and managing political expenditures.
· Ability to use influence and persuasion in verbal and written communications.
· Ability to develop strong relationships.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, online research tools, and LAN/VAN voter files
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are committed to building a culturally diverse workplace and strongly encourages applications from women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans, and those in traditionally disadvantaged groups.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-05-19