Govt. Relations Director (PS26884)
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve atone of America’s leading health benefits companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
Government Relations Director
Must be located in Sacramento, CA
Responsible for developing and implementing strategies to advocate enterprise and state specific legislative and regulatory positions in less complex legislative and/or regulatory environments.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Develops and implements strategies to advocate enterprise and state specific legislative and regulatory positions to support business goals and objectives.
- Represents the enterprise and its specific businesses in advocacy efforts.
- Establishes and maintains strong relationships with legislators, regulators, other policymakers and their staff.
- Develops strategies for utilizing PAC and/or corporate political contributions.
- Maintains coalitions and target grassroots capabilities.
- Consults with SBUs and CEEs to inform and support business planning processes and proactively raise and address issues of concern.
- Makes internal and external written and oral presentations on behalf of the company.
- Develops and carries out tactics and strategies to influence trade associations and other advocacy organizations.
- Generally works with legislative sessions of less than 6 months and/or in less complex legislative and/or regulatory environments.
- Requires a BA/BS degree in a related field; 8 years of legislative, regulatory, political, public affairs or industry experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Must be able to sit onsite in Sacramento, CA
Anthem, Inc. is ranked as one of America’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine and is a 2018 DiversityInc magazine Top 50 Company for Diversity. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran.
Executive Search Firms and Staffing Agencies
Please be advised that Anthem, Inc. only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with us. Accordingly, Anthem, Inc. is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with us. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Anthem, Inc.
Prospective suppliers who wish to help us learn about their company should use our online registration process.
Need to Request an Accommodation?
Anthem, Inc. is committed to helping individuals with disabilities participate in the workforce and ensuring equal opportunity to apply and compete for jobs. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process, please email Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org for further assistance.
EEO is the Law
Learn more here
Job posted: 2019-08-29