Graphic Design Specialist
The Graphic Design Specialist is responsible for the conceptualization, design, execution, and delivery of concurrent projects for multiple internal stakeholders. Provides graphic support to the Clinical Affairs Division and other NACHC Divisions as needed to develop internal and external graphics for products that inform, promote, educate, and enhance the sharing and exchange of information between NACHC, national partners, its constituencies, and the general public.
- Develops a graphic communications strategy for NACHC/Clinical Affairs Division.
- Creates products funded by HRSA, CDC, and other national partners to professionally display accomplishments, products, and potential partnerships.
- Uses design software to create Web and print products including presentations, infographics, brochures, reports, fact sheets, and publications.
- Supports Project leads with graphics for promotion and dissemination of information related to programs, projects, training, services, and other issues of importance and interest to NACHC constituencies and the general public.
- Assists in maintaining PowerPoint presentations reflecting Clinical Affairs Division strategies, vision, and results.
- Supports additional internal creative projects in other Divisions.
- Monitors internal adherence to NACHC communications policies, publishing standards and internal/external use of NACHC brand tools (i.e., publications guidelines, logos, templates, etc.) Maintains all related files. Makes recommendations for updates/changes.
- Applies NACHC brand guidelines to ensure graphics reflect NACHC’s standards and color scheme as well as have a consistent look and feel.
- Works on the branding/marketing work group.
- Under the supervision of the Director of Information, Resources, and Outreach, assists Clinical Affairs Division staff with graphic design on clinical areas of NACHC’s website.
Interactive Digital Communications
- Works in collaboration with NACHC Communications Division on developing interactive digital media including email marketing and social media assets for official NACHC statements, press releases, podcasts, blogs and editorial content as directed.
- Other digital media duties as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree in related discipline (preferably in graphics, marketing or digital media)
- At least 4 years work experience in graphic design including designing materials for the federal government, public health organizations or associations.
- Experience designing materials for low literacy audiences preferred.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office software.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator).
- Experience working with social networking tools (e.g., Facebook, Twitter), video sharing/hosting sites (e.g., Vimeo, YouTube, Flickr) and video applications (e.g. Dreamweaver, Flash).
- Experience with a web content management system a plus.
- Must be able to multitask and meet deadlines – attention to detail is essential.
- Must work well with others as well as independently.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Ability to problem solve.
Job posted: 2020-07-06