Graphic Designer – Public Affairs Firm
Lot Sixteen is a bipartisan communications and lobbying firm in Downtown Washington looking for a Designer to join our team and help with advocacy and collateral material, social media and more.
Lot Sixteen is looking for a Designer to join a growing, energetic and relentlessly competent team of communications and lobbying professionals. In this role, ownership of and accountability for the planning and executing of design-related work will be required.
We are a pro-active bunch. We translate our words into actions. We insist on knowing what we are talking about. We view the identification of a problem or task as only the first of many steps required to get results. We prioritize solutions, develop detailed work plans, secure approval to execute those plans and get cracking on implementation. We eat elephants, one bite at a time. We worry so clients don’t have to. And we want this same approach from whoever joins our team.
We are also building an agency that feels like home, a team of friends who support each other as much as they challenge each other, and a client base whose trust and confidence in us is earned every day. At Lot Sixteen, we prioritize quality, we reward smart thinking, and we are committed to cultivating a great work environment. Accordingly, we try to meet or exceed all the standard work perks and expectations, including:
- Competitive salary
- Generous benefits, including:
- Health and Dental Plan
- 401(k) Retirement Program
- Commuter Benefits
- All-you-can-eat trail mix and all-you-can-drink coffee
- A work family that welcomes your real family & friends and recognizes that balancing both of those worlds is an essential ingredient to happiness.
A Designer at Lot Sixteen will be responsible for:
- Participating in multiple design projects for various clients;
- Using various tools and programs to prepare content for client messaging, including memos and one-pagers, as well as special event materials;
- Using video editing and design tools (Adobe Creative Suite + others) to create client and internal content, as well as other special design tasks;
- Fulfilling client design needs by working with Lot Sixteen team leads as well as outside vendors including publishers, event managers and design teams;
- Working with team leads to enhance written content and materials during the reviewing and editing stages of a project; and
- Utilizing, creating and/or updating internal social media content to be published on various platforms (Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn and blog formats) as well as helping to maintain and improve Lot Sixteen’s website content.
Did we just become best friends? Well… yeah… if you’re someone who:
- Knows how to balance competing demands with composure, smarts and confidence;
- Is highly creative, passionate about details large and small, and always honing your skills;
- Enjoys the challenge of enhancing written materials with impactful design, and is good at it (presentations, memos, blog and social media posts);
- Feels an obligation to keep people in the loop, rather than cut them out of it;
- Prides yourself in looking around corners, evaluating scenarios and being prepared;
- Finds fulfillment in developing and implementing solutions to problems that feel unsolvable;
- Can remain flexible and calm when handling changes and meeting strict deadlines;
- Likes to lend a hand when you see that someone needs help; and
- Finishes what you start, without anyone checking up on you.
You are most likely to thrive in this role if you have at least one year of experience at an agency, or experience in designing and formatting memos, online materials and presentations. We care less about where or how long you went to school than we do about how eager you are to continue learning. Equally important: a willingness to admit what you don’t know and go find the answers. The ideal candidate has knowledge of and abilities in the following:
- Running graphic design software such as Adobe Creative Suite (e.g., InDesign and/or Photoshop); WordPress and/or SquareSpace, MS Office Suite and Google Drive;
- Quality control in written content, including excellent grammar, clear formatting and a consistent tone; and
- The varied design needs for different audiences and different formats, from formal presentations to social media posts.
Please email your resume, ten sentences about why you might be into us and/or why we should be into you, and a bulleted list of your favorite color, the band you’re most likely to add to the office playlist, the last book you read, your go-to pastime, and what animal you’d be – if you could be an animal – to Missy Deerin (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the subject line, “I’m interested in working at The Lot.”
Lot Sixteen, LLC | 923 15th Street, NW | Second Floor
Washington, DC 20005
Job posted: 2019-09-18