American Heart Association
Are you ready to join an organization where you can make an extraordinary impact every day?
Imagine all Americans enjoying ideal cardiovascular health free of heart disease and stroke. At the American Heart Association and American Stroke Association, we get to work toward that goal every day. Is it easy? No. Is it worthwhile? Absolutely.
This is satisfying and challenging work that makes a real difference in people’s lives. We are where you can achieve professional growth with personal fulfillment. We are where you can connect people to making a lifesaving impact. We are where you can partner with individuals, schools, lawmakers, healthcare providers and others to ensure everyone has access to healthier lifestyle choices and proper healthcare. The American Heart Association is where you can make an extraordinary impact.
The American Heart Association (AHA) has an excellent opportunity for a Federal Grassroots Advocacy Manager for our National Center office that will sit with our Affiliate Office located in Washington, DC.
The Grassroots Advocacy Manager is responsible for helping build and grow the organization’s grassroots advocacy movement, You’re the Cure (YTC), empowering volunteers to speak out for heart and stroke policy change. This role would take the lead in developing grassroots campaign strategy for the federal advocacy public policy agenda. This role works with affiliate staff to recruit and mobilize advocates online and offline on federal priorities. Additionally, this role would be a content creator for the You’re the Cure site and social media properties, taking lead on consumer communications collateral. Assists with campaign evaluation to inform programmatic impact.
Essential Job Duties:
- Develops federal grassroots advocacy campaigns including recruitment, engagement, and retention of advocates
- Advises on You’re the Cure (YTC) digital strategy for engagement and mobilization of advocates. May include managing paid marketing and/or vendor management responsibility.
- Oversees the national You’re the Cure (YTC) communications plan and seeds advocacy content throughout AHA properties
- Assists with program evaluation, focused on federal messaging
- Oversees volunteer management in support of federal advocacy campaigns
Want to help get your resume to the top? Take a look at the experience we require:
- Bachelor’s Degree from a four year College or University
- Minimum three (3) years of experience with community organizing or issue advocacy
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Strategic planning skills
- Able to create a digital strategy for the web and social media
- Online advocacy campaign experience
- Able to create content for the web with basic CMS tools
- Must have the ability to travel overnight up to 15% of the time
- General knowledge of the federal legislative and regulatory process
- Health public policy experience
- Experience with program evaluation
- Proficient in Adobe Photoshop and Microsoft Office Suite
Attracting talented, committed employees means offering a competitive benefits package, ongoing professional development and training, and a diverse and inclusive environment in which to work and grow. And we do.
So, are you ready to work for the largest voluntary health organization dedicated to fighting heart disease, stroke and other cardiovascular diseases? Click on “New Resume” to submit your online application. Only those candidates deemed most qualified by the hiring manager will be contacted to interview.
Click here to see other opportunities with the American Heart Association
Follow us on Twitter to see what it is like to work for the American Heart Association and why so many people enjoy #TheAHALife
Learn more here
Job Posted: August 20, 2017