Grassroots Advocacy Specialist
The Grassroots Advocacy Specialist reports to the Senior Manager, Congressional & Political Advocacy.
Bachelors’ degree or equivalent experience required with 1+ years prior association and/or grassroots experience strongly
preferred. Knowledge of healthcare policy and the legislative process highly desirable. Must be able to coordinate
advocacy communications to membership in a fast-paced environment with superior attention to detail. Professional
demeanor required, with strong oral and written communication skills, ability to convey concepts clearly, and excellent
organizational and interpersonal skills. Self-starter with proactive problem-solving abilities. Familiarity with computer
applications, including advocacy alert software, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Coordinate the development and delivery of advocacy communications to AAO-HNS members, supporting the
Academy’s political, federal legislative, state legislative, and health policy advocacy campaigns.
• Promote member involvement in AAO-HNS advocacy campaigns and programs.
• Develop and maintain grassroots databases and promote technological innovations to improve program efficiencies
• Actively promote and maintain key legislative grassroots programs, including the ENT Advocacy Network and
PROJECT 535 key contacts initiative.
• Maintain the practice management member inquiry database and update template responses, as needed.
• Track and develop reports on the effectiveness of AAO-HNS advocacy communications.
• Assist in the development of advocacy action alerts, talking points, and grassroots messages and ensure routine
dissemination of such information to members and staff.
• Maintain the Advocacy website and facilitate timely updates.
• Coordinate and support departmental efforts for AAO-HNS Annual Meetings, leadership conferences, and AMA
House of Delegates meetings.
• Draft content and help coordinate submissions for the Bulletin, the AAO-HNS monthly publication; The OTONews, a
weekly email communication; and The ENT Advocate, a monthly electronic newsletter.
• Represent the AAO-HNS at selected meetings and conferences, with some travel necessary.
• Serve as liaison to the Communications Business Unit.
• Participate on an internal team or AAO-HNS committee, through formal assignment and/or on an ad hoc basis.
• Consistently demonstrate proactive, courteous, cooperative, and helpful customer service behavior to all contacts,
both internal and external.
• Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Please submit your resume, cover letter and salary, expectations through one of the following options:
• Email: Attach a Word document or copy and paste your cover letter and resume and send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Mail: AAO-HNSF, 1650 Diagonal Road, VA 22314-2857 Attention: Human Resources
Job posted: 2021-07-23