Grassroots Campaign Manager – (190000GU)
BE THE MATCH OPERATING PHILOSOPHY:
Right now, people’s lives depend upon our performance. Our leaders have ownership of their areas, the autonomy to determine the best path, and the responsibility to ethically deliver excellent results. Both team members and leaders exemplify our Be The Match Standards.
This position – based in Atlanta, GA – is responsible for supporting strategic initiatives that aim to increase access to cellular therapy through policy change and grassroots organizing. This position executes a comprehensive grassroots advocacy program, based on current best practices, for the multiple states within a territory. This includes: developing and implementing a volunteer leadership program, developing and implementing grassroots campaign plans for local, state and federal legislative priorities, working closely with NMDP/Be The Match partners to include advocacy activities in other areas of the organizations.
Grassroots Campaign Development:
- Develops and implements comprehensive grassroots advocacy campaigns to demonstrate volunteer constituent support for cancer related policy initiatives. Uses Direct Action Organizing best practices.
- Recruits, trains, and develops volunteers, through a variety of internal and external channels. Implements recognition programs for volunteers. Maintains relationships with grasstops and grassroots volunteers.
- Writes and disseminates legislative alerts, issue talking points, training curriculum, and newsletters for a diverse audience of volunteers. Communicates using messages that are tailored to the specific political environment and attuned to the rapid pace of legislative activities.
- Plans and manages state lobby days and local, state, and federal grassroots lobbying activities, including maintaining relationships with elected officials and their staff.
- Maintains local district relationships with state and local elected officials and members of Congress and their staff persons, both directly as appropriate and through volunteers.
- Plans and implements year-round advocacy activities at signature Be The Match events.
- Conducts trainings as needed for volunteers and NMDP/Be The Match staff in the state, and prepares volunteers for interactions with elected officials and their staff.
- Identifies and develops volunteers with personal stories related to NMDP/Be The Match policy campaigns.
- Tracks and evaluates grassroots-related projects to ensure successful completion and growth, including development of e-advocacy campaign narratives and message testing.
- Coordinates activities with state partners as well as national NMDP/Be The Match team, including Atlanta-based NMDP staff and partners.
- Coordinates with Patient Experience and Outcomes staff as needed for joint projects.
- Travels as necessary (estimated: one 2-3 day trip 2x/month).
- Other duties as assigned.
- The US health care system, including Medicare, Medicaid and the commercial health insurance industry.
- Key health care policy issues and resources.
- Familiarity with basic medical terminology and/or oncology, biology, biotechnology.
- Proven knowledge of efficient resource management and ability to coordinate multiple project components within quality, budget and timeline constraints.
- Direct Action Organizing or similar campaign development tools.
- Define course of action within unclear and rapidly changing parameters.
- Above average oral and written communication; demonstrated public speaking skills.
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office suite programs.
- Advanced time management and interpersonal skills.
- Work effectively in a complex cross-functional work environment.
- Comfortably interact with a diverse population.
- Meet deadlines, to be flexible, to problem solve, and to work effectively in a team environment and be a self-starter.
- Effective written and oral communication, strong presentation and listening skills.
- Display high standards of attendance, punctuality, maintains confidentiality, and manages time effectively.
- Prioritize and coordinate tasks and manage multiple deadlines simultaneously.
- Be flexible and adapt to changing priorities and to work as part of a team.
- Excellent oral and written communication; strong interpersonal skills.
- Work with others internal and external to NMDP.
- Must exemplify our Be The Match Standards.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelors’ degree and minimum of three years’ relevant work experience.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: (Additional qualifications that may make a person even more effective in the role, but are not required for consideration)
- Experience working with contractors.
- Political or issue campaign experience.
- Experience with Phone2Action, Salesforce.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2019-11-05