The American Motorcyclist Association, the premier membership association dedicated to promoting the motorcycling lifestyle and protecting the future of motorcycling, is seeking an experienced professional for the position of Grassroots Coordinator.
The AMA Grassroots Coordinator develops and implements initiatives to influence political action in furtherance of motorcyclists’ rights and the AMA mission by working with Government Relations Department staff in crafting and enhancing advocacy messaging.
The coordinator will serve as the primary liaison between the Government Relations Department and the Member Activity Department and the point person within the Government Relations Department on the AMA State Chapter Network.
The coordinator will assist Government Relations Department staff in providing critical advocacy information through the Rights section of the AMA website.
The coordinator will be the point of contact for advocacy related inquiries from AMA members and volunteers.
The coordinator will work with the Government Relations team to develop grassroots initiatives and will develop extensive knowledge and skills with AMA advocacy software.
- Be the point of contact within the Government Relations Department for AMA members and volunteers
- Play leading role in ensuring timely updates to AMA Advocacy web content and affiliated social media platforms, ensuring that current information on federal, state and local issues are current
- Contributes expertise and volunteer management assistance to the Member Activity Department as needed
- Supports AMA member engagement from a government relations perspective at various events organized by the AMA or other organizations
- Works with Government Relations staff to support regular communication with members on advocacy issues and campaigns
- Monitor various media and government sources for news on motorcycling issues
- Review results from advocacy campaigns in order to provide feedback to Government Relations staff
- Manage Grassroots Team alias email and member communications
- Perform other duties that may be assigned
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Advanced technical computer skills and proficiency with Microsoft Suite and social media platforms.
- Strong interpersonal communications skills
- Knowledge of web-based grassroots advocacy software or ability to learn
- Some travel requirements and comfort in public speaking
- Familiarity with government agencies and publications
- Ability to work closely with multiple departments in different locations
- Bachelor’s degree in political science, public relations, communications, or related discipline
- One year or more in volunteer related management, including experience in political environment
- Motorcycle license or experience is helpful.
The AMA offers a competitive benefits package, including paid time off, medical, dental, 401(k) and tuition reimbursement.
Please email cover letter, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Job posted: 2020-12-22