Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Engine is looking for a Grassroots Coordinator/Manager to help support and execute our startup grassroots engagement strategy. This person will be a core part of a small but mighty team.
As a member of Engine’s two-person grassroots team, you will:
- Work with Engine’s policy team & Grassroots Manager to grow and coordinate Engine’s nationwide network of startup constituents;
- Research and reach out to startup ecosystems to find entrepreneurs and investors, help tell their stories, and maintain a growing database of their information;
- Help lead our #StartupsEverywhere initiative writing profiles of startups from across the U.S.—highlighting the diverse nature of the startup ecosystem and the policy challenges startups face;
- Contribute to and support Engine’s startup-facing programming and communications, including policy education events, advocacy events, regular surveys of our startup network, calls to action, and more;
- Support the execution of Engine’s flagship annual advocacy event, Congressional Startup Day, which brings together startups from across the country and their representatives in Congress every August.
What we’re looking for:
- An understanding of or demonstrated interest in the intersection of technology and entrepreneurship policy;
- A background or demonstrated interest in grassroots organizing and advocacy;
- An understanding of or interest in learning about the vast, nationwide network of startups, investors, and ecosystem support organizations;
- The ability to write quickly and concisely about complex policy issues in a way a busy startup CEO can understand;
- An organizational pro—someone who can maintain a system for tracking and coordinating with thousands of startups and policymakers from all over the country;
- A team player willing to help out in any capacity on Engine’s many ongoing projects.
We’re open to bringing in someone more junior at the “Coordinator” level or someone with a few years of experience at the “Manager” level. If you’re passionate about getting startups involved in policy conversations, we encourage you to apply!
Washington D.C. or remote
To apply please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Job posted: 2023-05-04