Grassroots Coordinator, Political Affairs
With world attention on both the environment and the economy, Environmental Defense Fund (EDF) is where policymakers and business leaders turn for win-win solutions. By focusing on strong science, uncommon partnerships and market-based approaches, we tackle urgent threats with practical solutions. We are one of the world’s largest environmental organizations, with more than two million members and a staff of approximately 700 scientists, economists, policy experts, and other professionals around the world. We operate in 22 geographies with unique projects running across four programs. You will be part of a vibrant workplace where innovation and results are a way of life.
EDF envisions a world in which people from all backgrounds and experiences feel connected to the environmental challenges we face and are engaged in creating durable, equitable solutions. We seek talented candidates who share our Core Values of Respect, Results, Innovation, Optimism, and Integrity, and support our Commitment to Diversity.
Environmental Defense Fund is seeking a Grassroots Coordinator who will provide project-based assistance and program support for the Grassroots Engagement program that operates at the intersection of EDF’s Political Affairs Team and EDF Action. With a focus on non-online grassroots organizing, the position requires an individual with a can-do attitude who understands how to get things done in a large, complex organization through influence and collaboration. It is also essential that the person have strong writing and communication skills and the ability to analyze data about our organizing programs.
- Prepare written materials, respond to information requests and help coordinate and track activities.
- Attend internal meetings and be able to document, identify and track key takeaways, next steps, resources and research needs.
- Present complex information clearly and compellingly in written reports, talking points and correspondence for internal and external audiences.
- Communicate effectively with internal and external contacts.
- Participates in advancing EDF DEI goals in which people from all backgrounds and experiences feel connected, included and empowered to address the environmental and organizational challenges in alignment with EDF values.
- Contribute to projects’ success by facilitating strong communication and sharing of information across the program and with other programs and departments as appropriate to ensure deliverables are given within specified timeframe.
- Actively promote and ensure clear communications with internal staff at all levels.
- Maintain well-organized and accessible electronic files.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least three years of related experience in grassroots organizing, preferably in the context of issue advocacy or elections;
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills and the ability to work with colleagues and partners of varied backgrounds and experience;
- Experience in project management and exceptional personal organization and attention to detail;
- Expertise in managing multiple projects concurrently, both independently and as a member of small teams in a dynamic and creative environment;
- Proven skill at building relationships to engender trust and influence cross-functionally in order to drive execution toward common goals;
- A broad understanding of environmental issues and demonstrated ability to collaborate with diverse stakeholders in large-scale, multi-initiative studies.
- Demonstrates self-awareness, cultural competency and inclusivity, and ability to work with colleagues and stakeholders across diverse cultures and backgrounds.
Environmental Defense Fund is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant’s qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Job posted: 2021-05-22