Grassroots Engagement Director, Tri-Cities Tennessee
Do you wish people could disagree but still have civil conversations? Are you frustrated that government at all levels can’t seem to get anything done? Do you want to bring people in Northeast Tennessee together to solve problems and get lawmakers to take action? If these questions ignite passion for you and you are ready to take action by mobilizing people to advance a cause that will change your community, apply today to be Americans for Prosperity’s next Grassroots Engagement Director in Tennessee!
The Grassroots Engagement Director will identify, recruit, and engage grassroots leaders in the Tri-Cities community, mobilize them to take action, and drive policy reform that open opportunities for all.
Your Responsibilities Include
- As our Grassroots Engagement Director, you will work alongside local leaders to tailor our local strategy for the success and future of this group
- Every day you will make calls and plans to activate new volunteers that turn policy into reality
- You will develop and execute strategies to educate the public on public policy issues and initiatives
Knowledge and Skills You Bring to the Organization
- You’re able to build relationships quickly with people from all walks of life and understand how to inspire and motivate others
- You have knowledge of state and federal public policy landscapes
- You can think of new ways to achieve our goals towards better public policy and develop the detailed plans to get us there
- You have a valid driver’s license
Standout Candidates May Also Bring
- Experience in grassroots advocacy and/or community organizing
- Experience in political campaigns
Americans for Prosperity is driving long-term solutions to the country’s biggest problems through broad-based grassroots outreach. Our activists engage friends and neighbors on key issues and encourage them to take an active role in building a culture of mutual benefit. We have an on-the-ground infrastructure in 36 states that recruits and unites citizens behind a common goal of advancing policies that help people improve their lives.
Americans for Prosperity Foundation is dedicated to educating and training citizens to be courageous advocates for the ideas, principles, and policies in a society of mutual benefit–knowing that leads to the greatest prosperity and well-being for all. Our educational programs break barriers standing in the way of people realizing their potential. By eliminating these obstacles to opportunity, in areas like occupational licensing, free speech, K-12 education, and free trade, we are supporting and working to lift up the lives of individuals and local communities.
We believe that diversity in experiences, perspectives, knowledge and ideas fuels creativity, broadens knowledge, and helps drive success. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and strive to treat all employees and applicants with honesty, dignity, respect and sensitivity. We welcome all qualified applicants regardless of color, race, religion, religious creed, sex, gender or gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, ethnicity, ancestry, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy (including medical needs which may arise from pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), military and veteran status, genetic information, marital or familial status, political affiliation, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-09-09