Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
The National Association of Mutual Insurance Companies (NAMIC) has an opening for a Grassroots Manager in its Washington D.C. office. This position works with the AVP of Political Involvement Programs on all aspects of NAMIC’s political programs. Manages daily aspects of NAMIC’s Congressional Contact Program to ensure that all CCP activities are aligned with NAMIC’s goals and objectives. Also manages grassroots efforts on behalf of the association.
Essential Functions include but are not limited to:
- Manages and coordinates NAMIC’s grassroots strategy execution to increase political awareness and involvement.
- Manages day to day responsibilities of grassroots fly-in program, the Congressional Contact Program:
- Develops and maintains excellent relationships with state trade associations and other NAMIC state level contacts.
- Determines dates for the CCP season aligning them with the needs of NAMIC membership and Capitol Hill.
- Maintains constant communication with NAMIC members on key dates regarding their state’s fly–in program.
- Coordinates with NAMIC’s Regional Vice President’s to identify potential growth opportunities in each state.
- In coordination with federal legislative team, secures meetings on Capitol Hill according to NAMIC’s legislative priorities that meet the needs of NAMIC members and the property/casualty insurance industry.
- Maintains constant presence of CCP in all internal communication vehicles.
- Creates and manages online content for CCP on NAMIC website.
- Identifies opportunities to market CCP at various meetings like annual convention, regional meetings, and state conventions.
- Seeks to develop meaningful connections and relationships between NAMIC members and members of congress
- Assists legislative team through activation of NAMIC members grassroots.
- Researches election information as needed regarding congressional races.
- Produces PowerPoints, one-pagers, articles, promotions at the discretion of the AVP of Political Involvement Programs that contribute to the overall goal of political involvement and awareness for NAMIC’s membership.
- Assists with advocacy action alerts at the state and federal level
- Oversees the administrative duties for the Key Contact program.
- Assists with content & production of quarterly political involvement newsletter.
- Responsible for the expansion of political action capability and influence.
- Responsible for staffing political involvement activities at NAMIC’s annual Convention.
- Builds and maintains positive work relationships with management, staff members, and external contacts.
- Performs any other duties and projects as assigned.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities needed include:
- In-depth understanding of political and legislative processes.
- Strong interpersonal, writing and oral communication skills
- Ability to maintain excellent relationships with key Capitol Hill staff such as schedulers.
- Experience with grassroots software programs.
- Ability to multi-task and work independently.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Minimum of 3-5 years work experience within the political arena, particularly with association grassroots, government relations, political campaigns or political action committees, and lobbying organizations.
- Association work experience a plus.
- Proven record of substantial fundraising experience.
- Experience in software systems that support political involvement programs is a plus.
- Ability to successfully pass a criminal background check.
NAMIC is proud to have been selected as one of the Best Places to Work! We offer an excellent compensation and benefits package with this full-time position. Benefits include access to group medical, dental and vision; a matched 401(k) plan; one paid day each year to volunteer with the charity of your choice; generous paid vacation; and more! We have a friendly yet professional work atmosphere where everyone enjoys working hard for the good of our members.
NAMIC is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected status.
Job posted: 2022-09-13