About the job
Engine is looking for a Grassroots Manager to help develop and execute our startup grassroots engagement strategy. This person will be a core part of a small but growing team.
As Engine’s Grassroots Manager, you will:
- Work with Engine’s policy team to grow and coordinate Engine’s nationwide network of startup constituents;
- Connect with startup ecosystems to find entrepreneurs and investors, help tell their stories, recruit them into policy debates that affect the country’s startup communities, and maintain a growing database of their information;
- Plan and execute Engine’s startup-facing programming and communications, including policy education events, weekly profiles of startups, regular surveys of our startup network, calls to action, and more;
- Coordinate Engine’s flagship annual event, Congressional Startup Day, which brings together startups from across the country and their representatives in Congress every August.
What we’re looking for:
- A demonstrated interest in the intersection of technology policy and entrepreneurship;
- A background in grassroots and constituent organizing;
- An understanding of the vast, nationwide network of startups, investors, and ecosystem support organizations;
- The ability to write quickly and concisely about complex policy issues in a way a busy startup CEO can understand;
- A dynamic communicator who can energize a network of startup leaders to engage in public policy debates;
- An organizational pro—someone who can maintain a system for tracking and coordinating with thousands of startups and policymakers from all over the country;
- A team player willing to help out in any capacity on Engine’s many ongoing projects.
Please send a cover letter explaining your interest in the position and a resume to email@example.com. Reference “Grassroots Manager” in the subject line.
We welcome all qualified candidates regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, age, or political affiliation. We are committed to building a diverse organization where employees can gain experience that will serve them for the rest of their careers.
Job posted: 2021-02-11