Grassroots Manager for MI, MN, WI
NFIB is thrilled to find another Grassroots Manager to join our team. We are an energetic group passionate about advocating for small business rights at the state and federal level. Our association has a rich history and is respected for the work we have done for over 75 years. Advocating for and assisting our members is a top priority.
We are looking for a dynamic advocacy professional who:
- is creative in generating impactful ways to engage small business owners in the legislative process
- can manage and lead multiple state programs and projects simultaneously
- is a self-starter with a willingness to ask questions and remain coachable
- proactively offers new ideas with a willingness to learn from others and existing practices
- enjoys a challenge
- is skilled in responding quickly to emerging issues
- has strong discernment to prioritize workloads
- possesses strong and adaptable writing skills
- seamlessly works independently and as part of a team
The ideal candidate wants to grow and continually help elevate our advocacy efforts, provides excellent customer service, is comfortable with change and learning new technology.
- Experience working for a political campaign, association, legislative office or equivalent.
- Five (5) years relevant work experience as a grassroots coordinator, fundraiser, event planner, marketer or similar position. Basic knowledge of the legislative processes.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and membership database software
- Able to travel approximately 50 nights per year, when applicable
- Ability to take initiative, assume project responsibility, prioritize work under pressure, meet deadlines. Must possess flexibility and stress patience
- Professional, energetic self-starter. Must possess excellent organizational, interpersonal, and written and verbal communication skills; including public presentation skills.
The Grassroots Manager is responsible for the development and maintenance of a strong network of activist NFIB members in assigned states of Michigan, Minnesota, and Wisconsin. The location of the role is flexible – ideally near Lansing, MI, Madison, WI, St. Paul, MN, DC, or a State Capital. Recruits, trains, organizes, and coordinates the activities of NFIB members to support and grow member activism. Works with all NFIB departments to implement state and national programs and initiatives. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, working with State Director(s) to create meaningful engagement opportunities, support Leadership Councils, and develop an activist network; plan and execute issue campaigns, events, and meetings on a state and regional basis; assist Senior Media Manager(s) by supplying activist members for media contact; support fundraising and political activities; coordinate and support Sales Teams and Member Services staff to develop and promote member value added products and services in the state or region.
Must communicate effectively both verbally and in writing; work outcomes must meet and / or exceed productivity and quality standards. Must be able to work as part of a cooperative team environment and independent of direct supervision; adhere to Company and Department policies and procedures, including regular and predictable attendance. Performs other projects as needed.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply via the above link or at www.NFIB.com/careers
Job posted: 2021-11-23