NFIB is America’s leading small business advocate, with hundreds of thousands of members nationwide and offices in every state capital. We are searching for a grassroots advocacy professional with experience in development and maintenance of a strong network of activist members in assigned states of Indiana, Minnesota, North Dakota, and South Dakota based out of our Indianapolis, IN office. The right candidate will have: experience developing strategic grassroots campaigns, implementing and overseeing strategies for activism, and building and maintaining a strong key contact program in the targeted state and federal legislative districts. They will recruit, train, organize and coordinate the activities of NFIB members to support and grow member activism.
The Grassroots Manager is responsible for the development and maintenance of a strong network of activist NFIB members in assigned states of Indiana, Minnesota, North Dakota, and South Dakota. Recruits, trains, organizes and coordinates the activities of NFIB members to support and grow member activism. Works with all NFIB departments to implement state and national programs and initiatives.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, developing strategic grassroots campaigns, implementing and overseeing strategies for activism, and building and maintaining a strong key contact program, especially in targeted state and federal legislative districts.
Collaborate and work closely with colleagues and the Grassroots team to significantly impact and strengthen NFIB’s advocacy efforts, member involvement, retention, and maintenance of activists’ data.
Draft, coordinate and execute advocacy campaigns across assigned states. Solicit, collect and utilize member testimonials. Develop communications training and recognition programs to motivate and regularly inform members and activists.
Also responsible for working with the State Director to organize and provide support to the state Leadership Councils; plan and execute events and meetings held on a state and regional basis; provide support to the Senior Media Manager by referring activist members for media contact and planning media events; assist with fundraising and political activities and the implementation of NFIB issue campaigns; and work with Member Services to develop and promote member value added products and services in the state or region.
Keep abreast of best practices and trends in grassroots advocacy.
Must communicate effectively both verbally and in writing; work outcomes must meet and / or exceed productivity and quality standards. Must be able to work as part of a cooperative team environment and independent of direct supervision; adhere to Company and Department policies and procedures. Performs other projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, Political Science or related field; or equivalent.
- Five (5) years relevant work experience as an event planner, fundraiser, grassroots coordinator, marketer or similar position. Basic knowledge of the legislative processes.
- Experience working for a non-profit, elected official, and / or on a political campaign preferred.
- Knowledge of grassroots advocacy efforts and trends.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and membership database software.
- Ability to represent NFIB at meetings and events. Able to travel approximately 50 nights per year.
- Ability to meet deadlines, negotiate conflicts, take initiative, assume project responsibility and prioritize work under pressure. Must possess flexibility and stress tolerance.
- Professional, energetic self-starter. Must possess excellent organizational, interpersonal, and written and verbal communication skills; including public presentation skills.
Job posted: 2017-09-19