Grassroots and Policy Coordinator
The Institute for Justice, the National Law Firm for Liberty, seeks a passionate, outgoing, and organized person to join our Activism team as Activism Coordinator at our headquarters in Arlington, VA. Through entrepreneurial, strategic, and multi-faceted grassroots advocacy, IJ’s Activism team fights to vindicate the rights of individuals who are victims of government abuses of power and excessive regulation. IJ Activism engages the grassroots and decision makers through outreach, community organizing, training, coalition building, public demonstrations, the media, research, policy recommendations, and legislative advocacy.
The ideal candidate will have a deep commitment to IJ’s mission, be genuinely compassionate to people of modest means and from all walks of life, and be detail-oriented, eager to learn, and excited about this work.
Candidates should have at least two years of professional experience post-graduation.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Assist developing and executing grassroots and legislative strategies and public information campaigns
- Cultivate relationships with activists and decision makers
- Plan events (public demonstrations, town halls, roundtables, community bock parties) and activism trainings
- Draft materials for activists, decision makers, and the public, including one-pagers, press releases, flyers, and websites
- Support campaign-specific social media efforts
- Travel as needed
We offer a competitive salary, full health, dental, and life insurance benefits, and a retirement savings plan, as well as the opportunity to work with experienced activists and litigators in a collaborative, collegial, positive work environment. The position also offers opportunities for professional development, growth, and long-term advancement.
We welcome applicants with at least two years of professional experience. If you have just graduated, please consider applying for our Maffucci Fellowship.
Spanish-language skills are not required but are a bonus.
To apply, please submit a resume, cover letter, and a writing sample.
No phone calls, please.
IJ is an equal opportunity employer.
Job posted: 2021-10-31