Grassroots Program Manager
The National Active and Retired Federal Employees Association (NARFE) is dedicated to protecting and enhancing the earned pay, retirement and health care benefits of federal employees, retirees and their survivors. NARFE’s mission is both critical and timely as Congress and the administration consider unprecedented cuts to federal pay and benefits.
We are currently seeking a Grassroots Program Manager to manage, promote, and execute the grassroots advocacy efforts of NARFE leaders and members throughout the country. Additionally, the Grassroots Program Manager will:
- Organize and conduct training webinars and presentation.
- Develop and maintain records of grassroots activities conducted by NARFE leaders and members.
- Plan and execute the biennial Legislative Training Conference, in conjunction with the NARFE events team.
- Manage and promote grassroots advocacy efforts by NARFE leaders and members throughout the country.
- Write content for advocacy messages, as well as create content for all grassroots training materials and presentations.
- Inform NARFE leadership and members about legislative issues and NARFE’s legislative priorities.
- Supervise the Grassroots Assistant.
Applicants should have a bachelor’s degree and at least four years of experience in grassroots advocacy or legislative experience. Applicants should also possess:
- Knowledge of grassroots organizing and activating techniques.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Exceptional written, verbal, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Ability to creatively reach and engage a wide audience during presentations.
- Basic knowledge of the legislative and political processes.
Our office is conveniently located near Braddock Road metro station in Old Town Alexandria. We provide our employees with a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, life, 401(k), transit/parking, flexible spending accounts, 10 paid holidays, 15 days of vacation and 10 days of sick leave.
Come join NARFE and help us protect the earned rights and benefits of our federal employees. Please apply with the required documents, a cover letter, resume, salary requirements. NARFE is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2019-04-03