Group Director Public Policy
Group Director Public Policy
Leads team of public policy experts to develop and align The Coca-Cola Company and the Coca-Cola North America System’s federal, state and local public policy positions in United States and Canada. Consult with the federal government relations and PACS Zone teams as well as non-government stakeholders across the spectrum of topics impacting the system and the communities in which we operate to inform public policy positions.
What You’ll Do for Us
- Work as part of the networked team coordinating across PACS, Technical (SRA & QSE), Finance, Marketing and Sustainability where relevant to draft public policy positions to be executed at the federal, state and local levels. This individual will develop “FOR” positions, informed by and aligned with corporate goals to support sustainable business growth. Key areas of focus include:
- CORPORATE TAX & INTERNATIONAL TRADE: Non-discriminatory fiscal policy,
- ENVIRONMENT: Circular Economy, rPET standards for use in Food & Beverage packaging, industry-led packaging collection systems,
- HEALTH & WELLNESS: Non-discriminatory nutrition labeling regulation, non-discriminatory marketing regulation,
- DIVERSITY, EQUITY & INCLUSION: economic policy supporting foreign investment and growth, women’s economic empowerment, D&I policies, human rights.
- Collaborate with Public Policy leads around the world to share best practices and scale ideas.
- Develop and lead the strategic plan, in consultation with the Strategic Communications, Sustainability, Federal Government Relations and the PACS Zone Operations Team, to proactively amplify and advance our “FOR” public policy positions to protect and enhance the reputation of the Coca-Cola system in the United States and Canada.
- Support PACS Zone and Federal Government Relations teams in their response to reactive policy and regulatory opportunities that originate at the federal, state and local level.
- Assist with management of company investment and engagement with industry trade associations to build coalitions that support “FOR” policy stances that advance the reputation of the Coca-Cola system in North America.
- Lead the development of tools, briefing materials, collateral, in collaboration with the Strategic Communications team, for the Federal Government Relations and PACS zone teams to effectively advocate for our public policy positions in the United States and Canada.
- Collaborate with Stakeholder and Community Management team lead, Federal GR team and Zone teams to align on policy positions, messaging and engagement with non-government national policy stakeholders, divergent and convergent stakeholders and influencers to advance policies that drive our business goals and company reputation.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree required, master’s degree preferred;
- At least 15+ years’ experience in public affairs in public, private or NGO sector; government experience is preferred
- Working understanding across multi-cultural, matrixed organization
- Developed stakeholder network
- Good interpersonal skills with ability to communicate complex issues to drive tangible business actions.
Our Purpose and Growth Culture:
We are taking deliberate action to nurture an inclusive culture that is grounded in our company purpose, to refresh the world and make a difference. We act with a growth mindset, take an expansive approach to what’s possible and believe in continuous learning to improve our business and ourselves. We focus on four key behaviors – curious, empowered, inclusive and agile – and value how we work as much as what we achieve. We believe that our culture is one of the reasons our company continues to thrive after 130+ years. Visit Our Purpose and Vision to learn more about these behaviors and how you can bring them to life in your next role at Coca-Cola.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. When we collect your personal information as part of a job application or offer of employment, we do so in accordance with industry standards and best practices and in compliance with applicable privacy laws.
Learn more here
ENTER JOB DESCRIPTION HERE
Job posted: 2020-12-29