Group Director, Strategic Communications
Group Director, Strategic Communications
Our purpose, refresh the work and make a difference, is uniquely us. It’s why we exist and in doing so, we must think expansively. Our vision is to craft the brands and choice of drinks that people love, to refresh them in body and spirit. This role will lead our national efforts to increase awareness and understanding of the company’s total beverage growth strategy with key audiences, which include media, industry stakeholders, influencers and influential consumers. We’re looking for a candidate that takes an integrated approach to the development and implementation of internal and external communication plans that advance awareness of the company’s business strategy and has a passion for our business and brands.
What You’ll Do For Us
- Leads national efforts to increase awareness and understanding of the company’s total beverage growth strategy with key audiences including media, industry stakeholders, influencers and influential consumers in support of the North American Operating Unit’s system reputation agenda.
- Collaborates with North America Operating Unit marketing and category leads to drive proactive, brand-focused media communications to increase consumer, customer, bottler, stakeholder and influencer support for major brand and business initiatives, including product and marketing launches, M&A activity, leadership and strategy changes, category expansion, and marketing sponsorships.
- Collaborates with the Public Affairs & Communications (PACS) zone operations, government affairs, community and stakeholder relations teams to ensure strong coordination between brand and business communication efforts and stakeholder programs in key local markets.
- Creates mutually beneficial relationships with key media, third parties, and industry and brand partners.
- Leads and develops team of company spokespeople, serves as a senior spokesperson and trains and supports executives for media interactions, while ensuring external communications efforts are tightly wired with customer and franchise teams to facilitate coordinated and effective communications with bottler and customer audiences.
- Coordinates closely with allied and subsidiary brands to ensure consistency in communications strategy and messaging.
- Identifies and manages brand and business thought-leadership media opportunities for senior operating unit leaders and provides subject matter expertise, content and coaching to senior management to help them serve as effective spokespeople externally.
- Leads a high performing team with a collaborative and agile mindset modeling our leadership behaviors. Serves as a coach and mentor to help develop junior level communications talent and build a strong talent pipeline. Leads responsible marketing taskforce for North America operating unit and coordinates with global communications teams to ensure consistency of messaging.
Requirements & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Marketing or Business
- Senior leadership experience in leading large-scale transformation programs, change management and regional and/or international experience in Technical, Supply Chain, Innovation and/or Manufacturing with a proven successful track record in leading diverse teams.
- Must have at least 15 years of relevant experience, ideally in senior roles with responsibility for media relations and communications strategy. Proven track record of building and leading high-performing teams.
- Can demonstrate the ability to lead and apply an integrated approach to the development and implementation of internal and external communications plans that advance awareness of the company’s business strategy and impact for large global brands.
- Can demonstrate utilizing and implementing innovative methods of communications to reach audiences via digital platforms with the ability to set KPI, brand perception goals and ongoing reporting to measure reach and impact of external communications initiatives.
- Your must have experience in the following areas: corporate communications, issue management and crisis response, media relations, leadership communications, brand communications, digital communications, storytelling, and project management.
- The preferred candidate can also demonstrate prior experience with sustainability communications for a consumer goods company. You can find our sustainability report on our corporate site.
What We’ll Do for You
- Iconic Brand: Work on the most recognized brands in the world and be part of the communication strategy that ignites our brands to global consumers.
- Global Network: Expand your horizons by developing, learning and growing through global connections with thought leadership from all over the world.
- Agile Work Environment: We embrace agile, with management that believes in removing barriers, so you are empowered to experiment, iterate and innovate
Our Purpose and Growth Culture:
We are taking deliberate action to nurture an inclusive culture that is grounded in our company purpose, to refresh the world and make a difference. We act with a growth mindset, take an expansive approach to what’s possible and believe in continuous learning to improve our business and ourselves. We focus on four key behaviors – curious, empowered, inclusive and agile – and value how we work as much as what we achieve. We believe that our culture is one of the reasons our company continues to thrive after 130+ years. Visit Our Purpose and Vision to learn more about these behaviors and how you can bring them to life in your next role at Coca-Cola.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. When we collect your personal information as part of a job application or offer of employment, we do so in accordance with industry standards and best practices and in compliance with applicable privacy laws.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-12-21