Head of Aviation Regulatory Affairs
Ready to change the world?
We are reinventing how products are delivered around the world by unlocking the path not yet traveled. Our company was founded in 2015 and is backed by Silicon Valley’s most prominent VCs, including YCombinator, Lightspeed Venture Partners, and Icon Ventures. Volansi provides fast on-demand aerial delivery service for time-critical shipments over long ranges. We build and operate long-range, high-payload drones for commercial, defense, and humanitarian applications. Leveraging drone technology as a transportation method, we help our customers gain control of their supply chain and save millions of dollars on downtime and inventory costs.
Our work came from the immediate need for critical delivery of parts to drastically reduce downtime for an automotive company. From this idea, our founders have scaled the company into a team of highly skilled and motivated individuals to serve critical delivery markets.
We are looking for experienced Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) regulatory affairs specialist candidates who are self-motivated individuals with a burning desire to constantly push the known boundaries of technology to safely create the next generation of delivery platforms. In this leadership position, you will develop and implement strategies, policies, and procedures for navigating national (CONUS) and international (OCONUS) airspace integration to support our growing operations.
Additionally, you will work closely with the FAA and other entities to help build and revise regulations and procedures for navigating the national airspace system. This role requires exceptional communication, interpersonal, attention to detail, and organizational skills. The ideal candidate has a proactive mindset, enjoys implementation tasks front the tactical to the strategic level, and has a passion for UAS and aviation.
What you will do:
- Develop and implement strategies to ensure operational airspace integration success in accordance with regulatory requirements
- Work closely with department leads to coordinate, develop, and implement effective strategies for unmanned traffic management systems (UTM), package delivery, and intelligence surveillance and reconnaissance (ISR) platforms
- Constant analysis and understanding to keep abreast of UAS regulatory policies in the US and overseas and development of our associated strategies
- Work closely with the FAA, foreign CAAs, and other entities to ensure Volansi’s goals are aligned with federal and local government regulatory objectives. This includes building and maintaining key relationships with regulatory and industry stakeholders
- Analyze and have a deep understanding of airspace and regulatory guidelines for global operations
- Plan, manage and implement cross-functional projects and programs related to regulatory compliance
- 5+ years of experience working for and/or with aviation regulatory agencies
- BA/BS degree in a relevant field
- Experience with UAS specific guidelines and regulations
- Experience collaborating with engineering teams
- Ability to build and maintain strong partnerships with internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills
- Willingness to directly support tactical-level details to support flight operations
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be willing to travel. Expected travel is less than 25%
- Prior FAA and foreign CAA collaboration experience
- Commercial or private pilots license
- Experience with Part 135 or 121 operations
- Experience with U.S. public policy and government affairs, such as legal, regulatory or legislative advocacy, lobbying, coalitions, government service, etc.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-11-12