Head of Communications and Corporate Brand, North America – 21000201
Access – Providing high quality trusted medicines regardless of geography or circumstance;
Leadership – Advancing sustainable operations and innovative solutions to improve patient health; and
Partnership – Leveraging our collective expertise to connect people to products and services.
Every day, we rise to the challenge to make a difference and here’s how the Head of Communications and Corporate Brand, North America role will make an impact:
Key responsibilities for this role include:
- Collaborate effectively with the Global Communications Corporate Brand team, and local business and Corporate Affairs leaders to enhance and expand internal and external communications within the region. Serve as a collaborative partner to other communications professionals globally.
- Serve as a collaborative partner to the regional human relations function, supporting their mission to retain, build and motivate employees.
- Serve as regional lead for key corporate initiatives and processes, including media inquiries, issues/crisis, Viatris.com, social media content and employee engagement.
- Work as a collaborative partner with regional marketing to nurture and develop positioning for products and services that will help advance the company’s corporate value story.
- Leverage relationships with key media and industry analysts to deliver a holistic traditional/earned media program in support of key business priorities such as new product launches and announcements. Build appropriate local PR strategy and action plans to support Market Access team projects.
- Pursue traditional/earned media opportunities in political/policy trade outlets in support of company’s public policy goals/priorities positioning Viatris as a health policy thought leader.
- Provide executive communications support to the regional president both internally to engage employees and externally to build thought leadership and company reputation.
- Support the region’s business leaders and global communications team with communications in the event of crises.
- Identify news stories and media angles that help promote the region’s business and work with global communications team to place these stories in traditional and social media.
- Responsible for ensuring global communications and local business leaders are aware and aligned on key local initiatives. Provide effective direction and counsel on executive speaking and editorial opportunities in the region.
- Build corporate brand reputation. Use measurement tools to assess the impact of communications programs to refine activities.
- Lead the communications team in thinking proactively and strategically, leveraging external benchmarking and best practices to build a best-in-class Global Communications Corporate Brand organization with the resources we have.
- Promote and support Viatris’ commitment to high standards of corporate compliance, quality, safety and ethics, and live and model Viatris’ core values.
- Leverage analytics to generate insight and identify areas of opportunity. Provide the intellectual leadership, perspective and experience to encourage creative thinking around communications issues, continuous learning for all employees and energy to continue to grow and expand the business globally.
- Oversee administration and use of department budget.
- A Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) required with a specialization in Communications or related filed preferred. Master’s degree preferred. 12 years of Communications experience required. Related experience and/or education may be considered.
- 12 years of experience in Digital Communications, specifically (Website Development, Social Media, Digital Projects).
- Proficiency in speaking, comprehending, reading and writing English are required.
Job posted: 2021-03-08