Head of Communications & Public Relations
About the job
Genesis is a global leader in institutional digital asset markets. We provide a single point of access for digital asset trading, derivatives, borrowing, lending, custody and prime brokerage services.
Genesis facilitates billions in trades, loans and transactions on a monthly basis, including over $25 billion in 2020 YTD. We have a proven track record driving results for some of the largest digital asset-focused hedge funds, quant funds, family offices, VC’s, market makers and exchanges.
Join Our Team
Genesis is expanding to solve some of the toughest challenges in digital asset financial markets.
About This Role – Head Of Communications & Public Relations
- Build relationships with influential media and journalists
- Help tell company story in strategic, high-visibility outlets and forums
- Reinforce brand positioning and messaging
- Shape market opinion
- Advance progress towards quarterly business goals
- Craft press releases – pitch and place targeted stories
- Related to company
- Connected to product updates
- In mass-market outlets
- In publications focused on specific customer segments
- In specific regional and local markets
- Help develop our conference and sponsorship strategy, book relevant speaking engagements, craft industry award application plan – identify other distribution channels and sources of growth – propose specific investments, partnerships and opportunities
- Establish a sustainable, strategic approach to PR based on adding value to media outlets and event managers – not just asking for it
- Nurture relationships with press and key influencers
- Monitor media mentions of brand, of competitors
- Experience in public relations, corporate communication and content marketing – excellent writing and proofreading skills – strong creative intuition, but able to gut check, optimize and course-correct with data.
Genesis is dedicated to creating best-in-class infrastructure for institutional investors, developing advanced products that lower barriers, increase profitability and broaden access. Our team has decades of experience at top Wall Street investment banks and Silicon Valley technology firms, and includes leading experts in blockchain, distributed computing, cryptography and cybersecurity.
Digital Asset Ecosystem
Genesis operates at the heart of the digital asset ecosystem
→ We are a subsidiary of Digital Currency Group (DCG), the largest investor in the bitcoin and blockchain space.
→ We are the exclusive distribution and marketing agent for Grayscale Investments, the largest digital currency asset manager with over $16 billion in assets under management.
→ We have an unparalleled global network at the intersection of data, finance and technology.
Our addressable market is expanding rapidly as new institutional investors enter the space. Recent results include
→ 300%+ Y/Y trading volume growth
→ 400%+ Y/Y loan origination growth
→ 300%+ Y/Y active loan growth
→ 150%+ Q/Q derivatives transaction growth
Diversity And Inclusion
Genesis invests in creating a welcoming environment where everyone can feel supported and connected at work.
→ We help employees develop a deep understanding of the problems we’re trying to solve.
→ We thrive on ideas driven by a broad range of perspectives.
→ We believe diverse teams lead to better products and bigger outcomes.
Genesis is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Work with us at the forefront of digitally-native finance.
Job posted: 2021-01-28