Head of Community Affairs
BAIN CAPITAL OVERVIEW
Bain Capital, LP is one of the world’s leading private multi-asset alternative investment firms with approximately $140 billion of assets under management that creates lasting impact for our investors, teams, businesses, and communities in which we live. Since our founding in 1984, we’ve applied our insight and experience to organically expand into several asset classes including private equity, credit, public equity, venture capital and real estate. We leverage our shared platform to capture cross-asset class opportunities in strategic areas of focus. With offices on four continents, our global team aligns our interests with those of our investors for lasting impact.
Giving back to the community has been a core part of Bain Capital’s identity since the firm’s founding in 1984. Over our history, Bain Capital has built a proud legacy of engagement with a vast number of nonprofit organizations and the broader community through board service, strategic counsel, significant financial commitments and volunteer engagement at all levels of the firm. The breadth and depth of our engagements have grown significantly over time.
Bain Capital is seeking a Head of Community Affairs in this new role to:
- Oversee the firm’s internal and external community engagement efforts;
- Shape, optimize and build upon the firm’s existing and legacy efforts,
- Work across our organization and our external partnerships to further amplify the impact of our collective efforts.
This is a unique opportunity for someone looking to work in a highly engaged and analytical organization with a continuous improvement mindset. This role will require thought leadership and a vision to set the strategy, objectives and priorities for Bain Capital’s global community engagement program in collaboration with senior leaders of the firm. The Head of Community Affairs will have experience working in a highly matrixed environment to create and manage compelling, innovative programming that is consistent with the firm’s brand and appeals to a wide range of external and internal stakeholders. Additionally, this individual will have a proven background in cultivating key relationships with community leaders and stakeholder organizations.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Direct all aspects of community affairs activities including philanthropy, employee engagement, sponsorship and events.
- Align community affairs efforts with the firm’s brand and outreach initiatives, including our environmental, social and governance (ESG) programs; our diversity, equity and inclusion programs (DEI); and our talent value proposition.
- Partner with HR and Communications to build on and develop programs and communication channels to drive external visibility, employee awareness and involvement in community engagement initiatives.
- Work with Bain Capital partners on individual giving efforts to create greater integration of existing firm efforts and build a cohesive narrative.
- Centralize existing programming with key organizations to optimize Bain Capital’s impact and manage firm’s existing philanthropic programs.
- Build upon existing strong, collaborative relationships with external stakeholders and organizations in the communities we operate around the world.
- Respond to inquiries from community members and other interested parties.
- Attend relevant events and activities to represent the firm and build strong relationships with key community members.
- 12 or more years of total work experience with a minimum of 5 to 7 years’ experience in the social sector, community relations or community development at a financial institution
- Knowledge of the non-profit sector and existing relationships with community leaders and organizations in the regions where we operate
- Strong history of collaboration, serving as a connector
- Experience with building and maintaining relationships with community organizations
- Experience consulting and collaborating with senior leaders to achieve shared outcomes
- Knowledge of how diversity, equity and inclusion are central to community development
- Superior written and verbal communications skills with ability to communicate and influence across all levels
- Strong analytical skills; able to turn data into insights to share internally and externally
- Ability to thrive in a partnership-oriented, collaborative, consensus-driven organization.
- Strong team player with internal and external credibility
- BS/BA in a related field
- Some travel required
Job posted: 2021-11-15