Head of Corporate Communications
Nextdoor is where neighbors turn for trusted connections and the exchange of helpful information, goods, and services.
Building connections in the real world is a universal human need. That truth, and the reality that neighborhoods are one of the most important and useful communities in our lives have been guiding principles for Nextdoor. Today, neighbors rely on Nextdoor in neighborhoods around the world in the United States, the United Kingdom, Germany, France, the Netherlands, Italy, Spain, Sweden, Denmark, Australia and Canada, with many more to come.
Meet your Future Neighbors
The Communications Team at Nextdoor is tasked with building and executing a world-class communications strategy to elevate the power of Nextdoor, while supporting the company’s rapid growth and adoption. Our team’s mission is to help neighbors around the world understand how Nextdoor can help each other in their daily lives, stay in the know, and build deeper real-world connections.
The Impact You’ll Make
Nextdoor is looking for a Head of Corporate Communications, based in San Francisco, with a proven track record of success in developing and managing external communications strategies for high-growth organizations. The ideal candidate has proven a track record in financial and crisis communications and has excellent verbal and writing communication skills.
This leader will have the demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic organization, generating results and impact. What’s more, this leader will be prepared to roll up his/her sleeves and get work done, even when at times it sits outside the scope of their direct remit.
Key responsibilities include:
- Lead and execute financial communications and evolve the corporate narrative in partnership with Finance
- Develop strategic narratives that increase understanding of Nextdoor’s unique business model and the value we deliver to neighbors around the world to share with key financial press, and ultimately investor and analyst community
- Own strategy, process and execution for crisis communications
- Secure and lead speaking opportunities for executives to drive visibility and thought leadership
- Develop messaging and talking points for spokespeople, including media interviews and speaking opportunities at industry conferences and events
- Create a wide range of communications materials including blog posts, communications plans, reactive statements, briefing materials for executives and more
- Cultivate and maintain deep relationships with financial and business press, key industry opinion leaders and external stakeholders
- Build and support a team culture that encourages sound judgment and discipline when supporting the corporate narrative
- Assist in media training program, ensuring executives are aligned on messaging and prepared for all press briefings and opportunities
- Stay informed on industry news and flag issues and trends for leaders
What You’ll Bring to The Team
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, English or related field
- 8+ years of experience in communications
- Experience executing media campaigns, building relationships with media and working with executives
- Experience working with start-ups and/consumer internet companies
- Experience drafting messaging materials and working with cross-functional groups
- Outstanding writing and written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to leverage media campaigns and content creation to generate increased awareness for Nextdoor to a wide range of audiences
- A global mindset and prior experience in a fast-paced, high-growth startup environment
- Ability to see the bigger picture and use creativity to innovate in the new media landscape
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-08-29