Head of Corporate Social Responsibility
As the Sr. Manager of Corporate Social Responsibility, you will be responsible for bringing CSR strategy to life across our organization. You will develop country-specific CSR programming, communications, processes and guidelines that align with CSR (and business) strategy. As the lead of CSR at Lidl US, you will advise, assist and actively exchange with managers and the Management Board on CSR topics including social, political, and business-related market assessments.
What You’ll Do
- Drive CSR strategy implementation nationally, leading a cross-functional CSR team and driving high-impact projects across the business
- Develop country-specific CSR programming, communications, processes and guidelines that aligned with business strategy
- Advise, assist and actively exchange with managers and the Management Board on CSR topics including social, political, and business-related market assessments
- Ensure the integrity of CSR data and processes, driving improvements where necessary.
- Identify relevant CSR stakeholders, both internally and externally, and closely manage those relationships
- Develop national sustainability reports in accordance with GRI guidelines and/or those specified by the Schwarz Group
- Build annual CSR programming calendar, and steer internal and external CSR communications measures, in coordination with the head of communications and marketing.
- Coordinate the donation and sponsoring activities of the national company in accordance with internationally specified guidelines and processes
- Build effective internal and external training materials and presentations to familiarize internal and external stakeholders with the Lidl US CSR strategy and approach
- Monitor media and weekly/monthly CSR reports for Lidl US leadership
- Organize, coordinate and realize operational campaigns and measures for external CSR communication
- Control the budget for CSR coordination activities, including donations and sponsorships
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s Degree with focus in Corporate Social Responsibility, Business Administration, Sustainability, or related field
- 7-10 years of experience in CSR management, non-profits management, or sustainability reporting, with a tangible track record of success
- Deep and comprehensive understanding of the key trends driving the evolution of Corporate Social Responsibility both in the US and globally in retail
- Exceptional listening and communication skills, including the ability to influence and earn buy-in from diverse internal and external stakeholders on new strategic initiatives
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and manage workload effectively to a high standard of output
- Implementation focused, organized approach with ability to prioritize
- Creative problem solver with cost/benefit approach
What You’ll Receive
At Lidl, we know that in order for our people to do their best, they must be at their best. That’s why as a company, we offer one of the most generous benefits packages in the industry.
All our Lidl employees are eligible to receive the following benefits:
- Medical | Dental | Vision coverage
- Paid Holiday & Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 401k Plan (+ 5% company match and no vesting schedule)
- And so much more, visit our benefits page for more details and the latest updates
In addition to the great benefits above, our Full-Time employees receive these additional benefits: Group Term Life & AD&D Insurance, Short & Long-Term Disability Insurance, Voluntary Critical Illness and/or Accident Insurance, Parental Leave – 100% pay for birth mothers and non-birth parents, Additional Paid Time-Off & Sick Time.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-08-16