Head of Executive Communications
Are you data-driven? We at NetApp believe in the transformative power of data – to expand customer touchpoints, to foster greater innovation, and to optimize operations. We are designed for simplicity, optimized to protect, created to embrace future opportunity, and open to enrich choice. We are the data authority for hybrid cloud, and we are helping our customers realize the full potential of their data.
We’ve built a Data Fabric for a data-driven world – to simplify and integrate data management across the resources that are best for the business. With the Data Fabric, our customers can harness the power of cloud data services, build cloud infrastructures, and modernize storage through data management.
By building cloud infrastructures, customers get the scale and quality of service that modern applications require. Only NetApp can help organizations focus on the business at hand when they develop a zero-touch infrastructure that manages apps, data and services as one integrated resource supporting both public and private clouds.
Head of Executive Communications
NetApp’s Corporate Communications Team is seeking a seasoned communications leader who can drive our executive communications strategy and lead our executive communications team as we turn the Corporate Communications function at NetApp into a center of excellence.
We are looking for a passionate storyteller with an astute business mind who can be the architect of our executive story. The right candidate should be self-motivated, strategic, data- and KPIs-driven, highly collaborative and customer obsessed. They should also have proven management and leadership experience.
This role reports directly to the Vice President of Global Corporate Communications.
• Work with our CEO and President to define and directly manage their internal communications strategies and platforms, and ensure they align with our company narrative, enduring purpose and strategic priorities
• Serve as a trusted strategic communications advisor to NetApp’s senior leadership team on messaging, tone and delivery
• Create and lead the creation of communications deliverables ranging from internal company emails and internal blog posts to global All Hands, speeches and video presentations
• Lead the executive communications team to ensure other senior leaders are adequately supported
• Work closely with the internal communications team
• Provide leadership and support on impactful external communications based on internal materials
• Work closely with the PR (including social media) team on identifying and seizing thought leadership opportunities to drive NetApp’s industry-leading reputation in key markets around the world
• Partner with the rest of the Communications team and the Marketing team to ensure message consistency
Requirements and Qualifications
• 15+ years of experience in corporate communications and/or executive communications developing world-class communications strategies and programs for employees and executives
• Experience working with executives in large companies
• Global perspective and experience working at a global company; understanding and sensitivity to global differences
• Strong executive presence
• High emotional intelligence
• Excellent writing and editing skills; a storyteller at heart
• Excellent interpersonal and verbal communications skills
• Ability to present information in an accurate yet unique and compelling manner with an executive voice
• Mastery of modern communications tools, including videos, podcasts, etc.
• Experienced manager and leader with a track record of building high performing teams and investing in individuals’ career development
• A player-coach—someone who can move seamlessly from guiding the team on strategy to taking the pen to write a company-wide email
• Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment where priorities can shift quickly
• Operate with a sense of urgency
• Excellent analytical and time-management skills
• Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel, SharePoint, and One Drive)
• Sufficient technical background and understanding of the IT industry to be able to incorporate technical messages fluently
• Experience working at a publicly-traded company preferred
• Knowledge of the cloud computing or storage industry a plus
Bachelor’s degree in English, Communications, Journalism, Public Relations or related field
So get ready to tap into the data visionary within, and join us as we accelerate digital transformation and empower our customers to change the world with data!
If you ask a NetApp employee why they work here, the answer is inevitably the same: the people. At NetApp, our culture is at the heart of what we do. We place importance in trust, integrity, teamwork, and caring above all else. NetApp is a place where people are empowered to make a difference. Empowered to innovate. Empowered to collaborate. Empowered to help ourselves and others be data-driven and change the world. We take care of each other, our customers, our partners, and our communities simply because it’s the right thing to do.
We work hard but also recognize the importance of work-life balance for our employees because what’s important to them is important to us! Recently we implemented Family First, which encourages employees to take paid time off to bond with a new child (through birth or adoption) or to care for a family member with a serious health condition. Our volunteer time off program is best in class, offering employees 40 hours of paid time off per year to donate their time with their favorite organizations. We provide comprehensive medical, dental, wellness and vision plans for you and your family. We offer educational assistance, legal services, and access to discounts and fitness centers. We also offer financial savings programs to help you plan for your future.
Learn more here
Join us and see what empowerment can do.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Vets/Disabled
Job posted: 2020-11-04