Head of External Owned Communications
At U.S. Bank, we’re passionate about helping customers and the communities where we live and work. The fifth-largest bank in the United States, we’re one of the country’s most respected, innovative and successful financial institutions. U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.
U.S. Bank is currently seeking a Head of External Owned Communications, who will serve as the editorial leader for usbank.com/blog and manage U.S. Bank’s owned storytelling and execution. Additional responsibilities include:
• Partners with communications and bank leadership to mine for and identify storytelling and content opportunities;
• Writes content and edits/improves the content of others;
• Develops a content distribution strategy for the U.S. Bank owned channels and works to grow owned social media platforms, including LinkedIn and the @usbank_news Twitter accounts;
• Collaborates with communications partners to ensure that content is representative of what is happening throughout U.S. Bank;
• Partners with U.S. Bank internal communications to coordinate content and streamline workflow;
• Ensures a common voice throughout U.S. Bank’s earned content;
• Works with teammates in Strategy, Transformation, and Public Affairs, as well as investor relations to ensure consistent messaging; and
• Follows key industry trends and current events to anticipate and plan for relevant and timely content.
– Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent work experience
– Ten or more years of experience in communications activities
– One or more years of supervisory/management experience
– Proven communication management skills
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills
– Strong research, analysis, and interviewing skills
– Well-developed organizational and project management skills
– Ability to negotiate and influence internal and external parties
Take care of yourself and your family with U.S. Bank employee benefits. We know that healthy employees are happy employees, and we believe that work/life balance should be easy to achieve. That’s why we share the cost of benefits and offer a variety of programs, resources and support you need to bring your full self to work and stay present and committed to the people who matter most – your family.
Learn all about U.S. Bank employee benefits, including tuition reimbursement, retirement plans and more, by visiting usbank.com/careers.
EEO is the Law
Applicants can learn more about the company’s status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal EEO is the Law poster.
U.S. Bank participates in the U.S. Department of Homeland Security E-Verify program in all facilities located in the United States and certain U.S. territories. The E-Verify program is an Internet-based employment eligibility verification system operated by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. Learn more about the E-Verify program.
Salary range reflected is an estimate of base pay and is for the primary location. Base pay range may vary if an offer is made for work in a different location. Pay Range: $105,400.00 – $124,000.00 – $136,400.00
Our 74,000 employees work across departments to help our millions of retail, business, wealth management, payment, commercial and corporate, and investment services customers across the country and around the world turn their dreams into reality. Our employees are empowered to create change and drive our future, and we pride ourselves on diligently and ethically upholding U.S. Bank’s best-in-class financial record and legacy of more than 150 years in banking. Most importantly, we put people first, cultivating and treasuring meaningful relationships with the customers we serve, the colleagues we support and the communities where we live and work.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-09-01