Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Head of Federal Affairs & Public Policy
With CLEAR, you are always you. CLEAR’s mission is to enable frictionless and safe journeys using your identity. With more than 8 million members and 100+ partners across North America, CLEAR’s identity platform connects you to the cards in your wallet – transforming the way you live, work and travel. Trust and privacy are the foundation of CLEAR. We have a commitment to members being in control of their own information and never sell member data. CLEAR is at the highest level of security by U.S. government regulators and is also certified as Qualified Anti-Terrorism Technology under the SAFETY Act.
CLEAR is looking for a Head of Federal Affairs & Public Policy. Reporting to the Head of Public Affairs, the Head of Federal Affairs & Public Policy will drive CLEAR’s federal government affairs strategy. Based out of our Washington, DC office, this role will guide consultants and lobbyists to support CLEAR’s positioning and presence with regulators and policymakers across Washington, DC.
What You Will Do:
- Design and implement a federal affairs approach that leverages outside consulting and lobbying teams to proactively position CLEAR across multiple audiences within the DC policy and political ecosystem.
- Advance CLEAR’s public policy agenda at the federal level, with ongoing relationship building and advocacy across the legislative and executive branches of government, not specific to just relevant jurisdictional committees and agencies.
- Direct CLEAR’s Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and Health and Human Services (HHS) engagements, including shaping CLEAR’s policy agenda relevant to these agencies and building relationships with any other relevant agency officials and decision makers.
- Work closely with the Head of Policy Communications, Head of Regional Public Affairs, and General Counsel to direct CLEAR’s policy development process and direct legislative and regulatory analysis related to portfolio issues.
Who You Are:
- 12+ years of progressive experience in government affairs and/or the Washington policy community.
- Prior U.S. government experience is required.
- Proven track-record developing and leveraging legislative and public affairs strategies to advance public policy objectives.
- Demonstrated experience creatively leveraging a range of tools and tactics to influence policy outcomes.
- Established bi-partisan relationships and experience working with both the legislative and executive branches.
- Experience engaging across policymakers, regulators, coalitions, and other stakeholders.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2022-01-08