Head of Federal Government Relations
Job ID 5551467
About Wells FargoWells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a diversified, community-based financial services company with $1.9 trillion in assets. Wells Fargo’s vision is to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides banking, investment and mortgage products and services, as well as consumer and commercial finance, through 7,600 locations, more than 13,000 ATMs, the internet (wellsfargo.com) and mobile banking, and has offices in 32 countries and territories to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. With approximately 263,000 team members, Wells Fargo serves one in three households in the United States. Wells Fargo & Company was ranked No. 29 on Fortune’s 2019 rankings of America’s largest corporations.
Public Affairs brings together teams responsible for engaging with the company’s stakeholders — those individuals and groups who can affect or be affected by Wells Fargo. To deliver the consistency and transparency that our stakeholders expect, we must understand their perspectives and connect our programs, strategies, and messaging so we can deliver in a One Wells Fargo manner.
The team is responsible for building and implementing a fully integrated program that encompasses all of our stakeholders. The team partners with other internal groups that focus on key stakeholders — including Human Resources, Marketing, and Regulatory Relations — to develop and execute on a holistic stakeholder engagement strategy.
Public Affairs exists to support, strengthen, and protect Wells Fargo’s reputation by building trust and positive societal impact for our stakeholders. We collaborate across our teams to proactively engage with our key stakeholders to understand and convey their perspectives. Because we are deeply integrated and embedded across Wells Fargo and transparent with each other, we help shape enterprise and business strategy and consistently tell the Wells Fargo story to our stakeholders.
Key stakeholder groups:
- Team members
- Advocacy groups
- Investment community
Government Affairs & Public Policy is devoted to promoting and protecting Wells Fargo brand both in Washington, DC and in states and local communities and developing and advocating public policies that are consistent with the company’s priorities.
- The office develops and maintains critical relationships in order to build and maintain support for Wells Fargo and the policies that support our business.
- The office also reviews policies and works with lawmakers and administration officials to seed a more positive policy and regulatory environment for Wells Fargo.
- The office also works with third-party groups, think tanks, trade groups, and non-governmental organizations to support their objectives, harness grassroots support, and build allies willing to also promote and protect Wells Fargo and public policies that are consistent with the company’s priorities.
- Lead government affairs strategy, thought leadership and implementation for the Company. This effort will utilize vast government affairs and political experience to develop and execute campaigns and strategies and fully integrate government affairs into the rest of the company. A significant part of this effort will be to identify and recruit talent, as well as leading the reorganization and transition of the DC office.
- This senior business leader will be responsible for building out the stakeholder driven model and leading Wells Fargo’s efforts to build trust and equity among federal, state and local lawmakers, policy influencers, political leaders and third party groups.
The leader will be responsible for direct engagement with the US Congress. It will set strategy, construct business cases and plan execution of large scale, multi-group initiatives. The team will operate in a transparent and collaborative way that results in the development of consistent policies and agreed upon priorities.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Overseeing the evaluation of the current campaign and political environment, delivering guidance on future opportunities and risks, and maintaining social relationships with major campaign organizations in order to leverage relationships, coordinate advocacy and political efforts
- Developing relationships with policymakers and stakeholders to ensure they are apprised of the company’s position on key issues impacting the bank
- Designing comprehensive legislative and political advocacy strategies to advance company priorities and strengthen the Wells Fargo brand
- Developing an understanding of Wells Fargo businesses, products, strategy, and management structure across the company
- Overseeing the collection, interpretation and analysis of information on federal public policy, regulatory or other political developments
- Advising Wells Fargo management of federal public policy developments and potential implications that may affect the company
- Managing federal lobbying activities and advise political action committee (PAC) campaign strategies
- Being responsive to lawmakers and committees
- Supporting public policies that promote Wells Fargo’s business goals and oppose those that will restrict our businesses or result in a competitive disadvantage for our customers, our company or our industry
- Identifying important allies and critics and develop an outreach approach to work with both, including the strategic allocation of financial resources
- Supporting improved internal communications and integration between company stakeholders
- 10+ years of management experience
- 12+ years of experience in government relations or public affairs
Other Desired Qualifications
- Demonstrated understanding of federal political and legislative processes
- Demonstrated understanding of financial services industry issues
- Experience developing and implementing strategies to achieve public policy goals
- Experience presenting information in a manner that persuades, educates, and enhances understanding at all levels
- Experience building strong relationships internally and externally and working collaborating across large organizations
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Learn more here
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Job posted: 2020-09-04