Head of Federal Government Relations
We are seeking an experienced professional to help build and lead our federal government relations team. Based in Washington, DC, and reporting to the Head of Government Relations, you will guide our government relations strategy at the federal level, executing an ambitious agenda and making an immediate impact on a fast-growing, dynamic business. Candidates must have a passion for policy, established relationships, and experience working at the federal level.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Help build DoorDash’s emerging federal practice and craft and execute our legislative and political strategy at the federal level
- Build relationships with members of Congress, the executive branch including key cabinet agencies, and staff
- Represent DoorDash at congressional and regulatory hearings, including by providing testimony
- Participate in trade groups and industry associations on behalf of the company
- Work with other members of the policy team to mobilize the Dasher, merchant, and customer communities in support of DoorDash’s political strategy
- Collaborate with policy development leads to craft policy solutions that serve our community while meeting political realities
- Manage external political consultants
- Coordinate with counterparts at peer companies to build effective coalitions
- Coordinate with industry trade associations to maximize their effectiveness
We’re excited about you because…
- You have a JD or Bachelor’s degree in Political Science, International Affairs, Government, Public Affairs, related field, or equivalent practical experience
- You have 10+ years of Public Policy or Government experience
- You thrive under pressure and have a proven ability to achieve hard-fought policy outcomes
- You have a deep understanding of government relations, including effective lobbying strategies, grassroots organizing, and the mechanics of policy-making
- You are a strong strategic thinker with polished written and oral advocacy skills
- You are organized, collaborative, and have a bias for action
- You are willing to travel frequently
- You’re a self-starter; you’re intrinsically motivated but also a good teammate
- Government and in-house experience
- Direct policy experience in employment/labor law
- Association and coalition development and management
- Experience in the tech industry, particularly the on-demand economy
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders – Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers – We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do — on every project, every day.
- We are learners – We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer-obsessed – Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash – The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-01-05