Head of Global Communications
Lime’s Global Policy and Communications team is hiring a Head of Global Communications in either New York City, San Francisco, or London. In this role, you will report to the Chief Policy and Communications Officer and will lead our corporate communications and local public affairs teams, spanning North America, Europe, Australia/New Zealand, Korea and Latin America. You will also lead Lime’s effort to develop a global brand narrative that appeals to both our consumers and government regulators, and that this overarching narrative is incorporated in all of our outward communication in the 250 markets we serve, as well as with tech, transportation, financial and consumer press.
You will lead our growing team of seven communications professionals, and ensure their work is having a tangible impact on the business as we work to open new markets, expand in the markets we serve, and grow ridership. You will also be a trusted advisor to the CEO, leadership team and our many spokespeople including regional operations and government relations staff.
This is a remote position with the preferred locations in the United States in New York City, San Francisco, or London (Open to U.S. CST time zone)
What you’ll do
- Develop and implement a global brand narrative that speaks to our riders, government partners and employees. This will often require regional-specific nuances that must be developed in coordination with our local teams, but should always ladder up to Lime’s global brand.
- Manage the two-person corporate communications team, four local public affairs teams in Europe and North America, and digital media staff to ensure they are aligned around a unifying messaging narrative.
- Cultivate and own relationships with the media and key influencers, particularly financial press in NYC and London, tech press in San Francisco, transportation press globally, and influential press in all of our major European and US markets.
- Manage national corporate communications efforts with respect to company finances, business and product announcements, executive communications, corporate responsibility, and environmental sustainability.
- Build processes and procedures to facilitate the company’s ability to strategize and influence on a global scale, primarily through earned and digital media.
- Drive creative and differentiated communications strategies for Lime’s new product and service offerings around the world.
- Counsel Lime’s executive leadership team on appropriate messaging in all types of situations through media training, interview prep and constructive feedback.
- 20+ years experience managing brand and message development as well as media relations in a regulated and ultra-competitive consumer product marketplace.
- 10 years of people leadership experience.
- Relationships with financial press that cover both private and public companies.
- A demonstrated pattern of developing high-performing team members, preferably in various geographies around the world.
- Scrappy, entrepreneurial spirit with aptitude for overcoming obstacles with limited resources.
- The ability to generate and disseminate content across the globe that speaks to both consumers and regulators.
- Precise, empathetic communication skills in both 1:1 and company-level settings.
- Strong cross-functional relationships with product, operations and government relations teams in past roles.
- Experience using research and data to draw consumer insights, track campaign performance, and iterate on our PR strategy.
- A belief in the importance of providing access to sustainable forms of transportation.
What we offer
- Opportunity to revolutionize transportation in cities around the world with the leader in urban micro-mobility solutions.
- Scale with a rapidly growing organization, with significant opportunity for growth.
- Play a role in the transformation of urban mobility and sustainability.
- Work with a team of successful, fun and motivated people.
- Competitive salary and benefits.
Lime’s mission is to realize a future for transportation that is shared, electric and carbon-free. As the world’s leading provider of shared electric vehicles, Lime partners with cities to deploy electric bikes, scooters and mopeds to serve any trip under five miles. One of Time Magazine’s 100 Most Influential Companies in 2021, Lime has powered more than 250 million rides in more than 200 cities across five continents, spurring a new generation of clean alternatives to car ownership. Learn more at li.me!
At Lime, we strive to build a workforce composed of individuals with diverse backgrounds, abilities, minds, and identities that will help us to grow as a company and as individuals. Lime is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job cannot be performed within Colorado.
Job posted: 2021-10-03