Head of Global Employee Communications and Change Management
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an international biopharmaceutical company focused on improving patients’ lives by identifying, developing and commercializing meaningful products that address unmet medical needs. We are continuing to expand our commercial product portfolio and our research and development pipeline in therapeutic areas that can leverage our unique expertise.
Our therapeutic areas of focus include sleep and hematology/oncology – areas in which we have a deep understanding of the patient journey and a suite of products and product candidates to address critical needs.
We are looking for the best and brightest talent to join our team. If you’re looking to be a part of a company with an unwavering commitment to improving patients’ lives and being a great place to work, we hope you’ll explore our career openings and get to know Jazz Pharmaceuticals.
The Head of Global Employee Communications and Change Management is responsible for designing and executing the global internal communications strategy for Jazz Pharmaceuticals and leading the creation and implementation of change management strategies to support the organization’s growth and transformation agenda.
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is a company founded on the basis of culture and creating a great place to work for employees – this vision was imagined even before a product. A strong purpose, mission, and values, along with care and well-being for our employees, is foundational to the cultural cornerstone of the company. Reporting to the Chief Human Resource Officer (CHRO), this individual will work closely and regularly with the CEO, CHRO, executive leadership team, corporate affairs, investor relations, strategy function, and broader human resources organization to help convey the vision, progress, and current state of affairs for the organization. S/he will lead the communications and change management efforts to drive understanding, engagement, and connection to the organization’s strategy and transformation agenda to become an innovative global biopharma company, with a significant focus on demonstrating innovation, agility, and operational scalability.
This individual will partner across human resources to bring our culture and values to life through employees’ voices and lead a team and agencies in developing innovative and creative communications that inform, educate, motivate and engage employees. This individual will work closely with the business to have a deep understanding of key business milestones, behaviors, and activities that signify our transformation to highlight and celebrate successes and better connect employees with the company strategy and culture.
Additionally, this individual will serve as a key member of the Human Resources Leadership Team (HRLT) and as a chief of staff to the CHRO. The HRLT collectively owns shaping the human capital culture, talent, and capabilities strategies in support of the company transformation agenda and this role will help facilitate the CHRO and HRLT to ensure robust strategy development, integration of efforts, and implementation plans. S/he will have a deep understanding of key human resource initiatives in support of our employee populations to help drive appropriate communication and change management needs. As chief of staff to the CHRO, they will serve as a right hand strategist and executor to help the CHRO run the function. This may require leading special projects to assist with this goal.
This individual should be an exceptional and innovative leader and influencer, adept at stakeholder management and a keen ability to juggle multiple projects, work comfortably with leadership, while managing a remote and diverse team.
- Develop and lead implementation of Jazz’s global internal communications strategy and annual communications work plan to drive stakeholder engagement with and understanding of Jazz’s vision, transformation agenda, business priorities, and operational objectives.
- Develop robust communication and change management plans to build awareness to company changes and ensure successful employee adoption and engagement and achieve business goals
- Develop change story to support Jazz’s Corporate Strategy to create a comprehensive “snapshot” of change initiatives, relation to one another, business relevance, and employee impact, and create messaging to support leaders and to engage employees
- Develop messages, content, channels, and materials to support global internal communications strategy
- Work closely with the Executive Committee and HR Business Partners to understand communications challenges and needs, ensure cohesiveness/coherence of messages, and create strategic and action plans accordingly
- Responsible for global communications channel management and effectiveness across Jazz internal channels (intranet, media walls, email, e-news, videos)
- Develop & maintain editorial calendars to drive internal communications in line with business priorities and external news flow
- Ensure message consistence, coherence, alignment, and relevance
- Create and strengthen two-way channels for leadership/employee dialogue
- Provide strategic input on all global internal communications announcements, including organizational changes, firm-wide policies, corporate updates, crisis management, and others, to ensure messaging is aligned, consistent, and strategic
- Work closely with Corporate and Brand Communications to ensure consistency in internal and external messaging, branding, and priorities for key milestones and data announcements
- Work closely with the HRLT to ensure development and alignment to the HR communications strategy
- Partner with Head of Talent Experience to garner employee insights to inform Communication and Change Management strategy
- Manage/supervise internal communications team, agency and budget to ensure effective implementation of strategy across Jazz
- Work with internal communications team to develop measurement tools to track effectiveness of communications and help drive behavioral and culture change, as well as contribute to alignment of business objectives
- Adjust and enhance programs based on research
- Working with the EC and HR Business Partners at the outset of change programs to enable understanding and effective use of change tools and create supporting communications materials (FAQs, talking points, etc.) to help align leadership messaging
- Work with key stakeholders to understand change implications and communications needs, and ensure effective staff engagement
- Drive communication and change management best practices
- Help CHRO manage the HR function and drive human capital strategy and best practices
- Master’s Degree in Communications, Change Management or related field preferre
- Minimum 10 years of strategic communications and change management experience in an international development organization
- Background in managing communications platform strategies and designs
- Demonstrated ability to design and execute ideas: plan, develop, communicate, benchmark, track, measure, etc.
- Demonstrated success in building internal business relationships at a senior level with a proven track record of success in internal communications
- Executive presence and strong management skills
- Strong business acumen and business strategy understanding
- Excellent organizational savvy and ability to work with C-suite and top organizational leaders
- Willingness and ability to work independently, think creatively, and shift gears depending on changing priorities and deadlines
- Strategic and conceptual thinker, yet operational orientation to drive results
- Ability to take complex ideas and make simple for easy consumption
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, research, writing and verbal communication skills
- Strong service and detail orientation
- Relationship-building skills to allow partnership development with internal constituents; proven internal client credibility; ability to influence
- Discretion, high energy and ability to manage stress and maintain a positive working environment for colleagues and clients
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-12-18