Head of Global Policy
San Francisco, CA
Lime is a smart-mobility provider that offers cities an array of mobility products including Lime-E e-assist bicycles and Lime-S electric scooters. Lime aims to revolutionize mobility in cities and campuses by empowering residents with cleaner, more efficient, and affordable transportation options that improve urban sustainability.
The Head of Global Policy will lead a team of policy subject matter experts and researchers working on the full spectrum of policy issues associated with Lime’s global business. You will own Lime’s model regulatory policies for the governance of the micromobility industry, performing analysis on a regular basis to inform the development of policy positions for Lime’s global Government Relations team. A heavily outward facing and highly strategic role, the Head will join a team of visionary leaders seeking to quickly expand Lime’s reach, and help the company advance in a dynamic regulatory environment by effectively communicating the values of our service at all levels of government.
What You’ll Do
- Lead a team of public policy experts and analysts to build the regulatory and policy frameworks needed for Lime to thrive, covering issues including active transportation safety, mobility and public transport, urban planning and street design, municipal permitting, data sharing and data privacy, vehicle classification, and international trade
- Oversee Lime’s Policy Research team, responsible for research projects generating evidence for the benefits of micromobility, including rider travel behavior surveys, analysis of ride activity, equity, safety, and other internal datasets, and external research partnerships with academics, think tanks, government agencies and consulting firms
- Develop executive-level relationships with prominent global policy stakeholders, organizations, and experts pertinent to Lime’s business, while establishing yourself as a leading expert on micromobility policy
- Serve as a frequent public speaker and media spokesperson on Lime’s public policy issues
- Develop programmatic public affairs initiatives to demonstrate Lime’s leadership on policy issues relevant to Lime’s business, advancing global support for micromobility
- Build effective coalitions of industry and third-party stakeholders to advance Lime’s policy needs, in support of government relations campaigns
- 15+ combined years experience in public policy, including local, state, and/or federal government affairs, public service, policy research, or similar.
- Masterful command of fundamental tenets of urban transportation policy, including deep familiarity with the policy issues and stakeholder environment facing Lime’s global business
- Strong leadership experience and track record of growing and managing a team.
- Excellent communication skills and outstanding public speaking ability, demonstrated through a consistent history of executive-level speaking engagements
- Tenacious disposition and aptitude for overcoming obstacles.
- Familiarity with working on relevant policy issues with large teams distributed across multiple countries, preferably in a corporate government relations context
- We are a startup, which means not everything will go according to plan. You are an energetic person who is not afraid going into the field and working on all levels when necessary
- An analytical and strategic mindset: You can quickly discern the cost-benefit analysis of your time, the company’s resources, and drive the company toward high-impact initiatives and efficient growth
- Passion for sustainability, politics, urban planning, mobility, leveraging tech for good
- Available for frequent travel
- Bachelor’s degree required. Law degree or advanced degree in a relevant field such as public policy or transportation planning preferred
What We Offer
- Opportunity to revolutionize transportation in your hometown with the leader in urban mobility solutions
- A position that offers a variety of career and resume building experiences with the fastest growing startup of 2018
- Scale with a rapidly growing organization, with tons of opportunity for growth
- Play a role in the transformation of urban mobility and sustainability
- Work with a team of fun and motivated individuals
- Competitive salary and benefits
We here at Lime strive to build a workforce comprised of individuals with diverse backgrounds, abilities, minds, and identities that will help us to grow, not only as a company, but also as individuals. Lime is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2019-03-25