Head of Global Policy
San Francisco, CA
Lime is a smart-mobility provider that offers cities an array of mobility products including Lime-E e-assist bicycles and Lime-S electric scooters. Lime aims to revolutionize mobility in cities and campuses by empowering residents with cleaner, more efficient, and affordable transportation options that improve urban sustainability.
Lime is looking for a Head of Global Policy to help lead Lime’s efforts to craft and pass policies globally that protect consumer safety, expand mobility options and allow the business to grow. You will report to the Chief of Public Policy and Government Affairs, be an instrumental member of the team in charting strategic growth opportunities, leading the company into new partnerships and cities, as well as interfacing directly with government leaders for successful market entries. A heavily outward facing and highly strategic role, you’ll join a team of visionary leaders seeking to quickly expand Lime’s reach, and help the company advance in a dynamic regulatory environment by effectively communicating the values of our service at the local, state and federal levels.
What You’ll Do
- Lead a team to build the regulatory and policy frameworks needed for Lime to thrive.
- Craft local and state policy initiatives and pave the way for favorable regulations for future products.
- Support national policy campaigns, often in collaboration with other mobility companies.
- 15+ years experience in local, state, and federal government affairs, political campaigns, advocacy or similar
- Strong leadership experience and track record of growing a team
- Excellent communications skills with the ability to speak in public
- Tenacious disposition and aptitude for overcoming obstacles
- A strong business development and aptitude for finding strategic wins
- Government affairs know-how with experience leading or working at a high level in government arenas, particularly within city governments
- We are a startup, which means not everything will go according to plan. You are an energetic person who is not afraid going into the field and working on all levels when necessary
- An analytical and strategic mindset: You can quickly discern the cost-benefit analysis of your time, the company’s resources, and drive the company toward high-impact initiatives and efficient growth
- Passion for sustainability, politics, urban planning, mobility, leveraging tech for good
- Available for travel
- Bachelor’s degree required and experience working within or working with government and political campaigns
What We Offer
- Opportunity to revolutionize transportation in your hometown with the leader in urban mobility solutions
- A position that offers a variety of career and resume building experiences with the fastest growing startup of 2018
- Scale with a rapidly growing organization, with tons of opportunity for growth
- Play a role in the transformation of urban mobility and sustainability
- Work with a team of fun and motivated individuals
- Competitive salary and benefits
We here at Lime strive to build a workforce comprised of individuals with diverse backgrounds, abilities, minds, and identities that will help us to grow, not only as a company, but also as individuals. Lime is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2019-02-19