Head of Global Public Relations
Are you data-driven? We at NetApp believe in the transformative power of data – to expand customer touchpoints, to foster greater innovation, and to optimize operations. We are designed for simplicity, optimized to protect, created to embrace future opportunity, and open to enrich choice. We are the data authority for hybrid cloud, and we are helping our customers realize the full potential of their data.
We’ve built a Data Fabric for a data-driven world – to simplify and integrate data management across the resources that are best for the business. With the Data Fabric, our customers can harness the power of cloud data services, build cloud infrastructures, and modernize storage through data management.
By building cloud infrastructures, customers get the scale and quality of service that modern applications require. Only NetApp can help organizations focus on the business at hand when they develop a zero-touch infrastructure that manages apps, data and services as one integrated resource supporting both public and private clouds.
Head of Global PR
NetApp’s Corporate Communications Team is seeking a proven leader and expert in public relations who can think big, develop global strategic campaigns and leverage data-driven storytelling to help advance our company story and strengthen our reputation as a cloud-led, data-centric software company in our global markets.
Leading our PR teams in the U.S., EMEA and APAC, the Head of Global PR will design and lead the execution of communications initiatives that elevate our company’s profile vis-à-vis its target audiences at scale while setting benchmarks to measure success.
The candidate will have significant experience in successfully driving earned, shared and owned influence across multiple external audiences. He/she will have a proven track record of strategic planning and delivery of measurable results as well as a deep understanding of the evolving media landscape and the way content is consumed.
The right candidate should have proven management and leadership experience (in particular when it comes to leading global teams) and be self-motivated, strategic, data-driven, highly collaborative and customer obsessed.
This role reports directly to the Vice President of Global Corporate Communications.
• Responsible for global strategic planning
• Work with the team to secure repeated inclusion of NetApp in top tier business and news outlets in our global markets
• Using a multi-channel approach, determine the best channel mix to reach each of our target audiences and build brand ubiquity
• Build a global storytelling engine that uses customer data points and customer stories as proof points
• Monitor news cycles and identify conversations and trends we should newsjack
• Oversee our Thought Leadership Program
• Handle crisis communications
• Work directly with the executive leadership team to conduct media training and leverage their expertise as appropriate
• Work closely with global agency network and key stakeholders to ensure continuous enhancement of comms strategy
• Play a key role in the development of the PR team and a high performing team culture
• Use data and analytics to measure and report on KPIs, and help evaluate effectiveness of strategic PR initiatives and campaigns
• Own and oversee budget related to PR activities
Requirements and Qualifications
• At least 15 years of PR experience, ideally for both B2C and B2B brands
• Combined in-house and PR agency experience a plus
• At least 10 years of experience managing/leading teams
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent analytical and time-management skills
• Strong track record of PR/integrated comms activity, leading significant global campaigns gained within a B2B or B2C technology environment
• Exceptional writing and communication skills are essential.
• Strong project management skills with the ability to supervise multiple projects
• Deep understanding of the PR ecosystem and the importance of a multi-channel approach
• Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel, SharePoint, and One Drive)
• Knowledge of the cloud computing or storage industry a plus
Bachelor’s degree in marketing, PR, or related field
So get ready to tap into the data visionary within, and join us as we accelerate digital transformation and empower our customers to change the world with data!
If you ask a NetApp employee why they work here, the answer is inevitably the same: the people. At NetApp, our culture is at the heart of what we do. We place importance in trust, integrity, teamwork, and caring above all else. NetApp is a place where people are empowered to make a difference. Empowered to innovate. Empowered to collaborate. Empowered to help ourselves and others be data-driven and change the world. We take care of each other, our customers, our partners, and our communities simply because it’s the right thing to do.
We work hard but also recognize the importance of work-life balance for our employees because what’s important to them is important to us! Recently we implemented Family First, which encourages employees to take paid time off to bond with a new child (through birth or adoption) or to care for a family member with a serious health condition. Our volunteer time off program is best in class, offering employees 40 hours of paid time off per year to donate their time with their favorite organizations. We provide comprehensive medical, dental, wellness and vision plans for you and your family. We offer educational assistance, legal services, and access to discounts and fitness centers. We also offer financial savings programs to help you plan for your future.
Join us and see what empowerment can do.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Vets/Disabled
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-11-04