Head of Government Affairs
You will be the leader of government affairs for Carbyne in the USA, both within the company and with government officials and agencies, demonstrating subject matter expertise and acting as a collaborative partner and influencer.
Key Responsibilities: You will lead and support Carbyne’s engagements with key government leaders and policy-makers, You will be responsible for managing and advocating Carbyne’s core public policy initiatives, managing our involvement with external funding resources, be responsible for nurturing and growing Carbyne’s political relationships and advancing Carbyne’s policy interests with all parts of the State and local Governments.
Reports to: VP Sales USA
Based in: USA (Preferred NYC)
- Understanding of Federal and State Grants availability and processes.
- Assist Carbyne and Customers in positioning and attaining Federal, State and Local grants.
- Develop, strengthen, and maintain relationships with elected officials, policy makers, and leaders of appropriate state agencies pursuant to specific targeted opportunities.
- Monitor legislation and policy activities, update and advise University partners about policy proposals and actions, and work with relevant University teams to analyze potential impacts on the University.
- Plan and implement state-level events and other activities to support the University’s government relations goals, such as hill days, town halls, affiliate visits, and meetings.
- Serve as Carbyne’s representative to relevant associations and policy bodies, such as legislative, governor, and lieutenant governor associations, economic development groups, and related public-private partnership efforts.
- Participate in the development of a wide range of materials in support of Carbyne’s government relations agenda, such as talking points, legislative summaries, factsheets, testimony, reports, and letters. Car
- Be an inspiring and motivational leader for individuals at all levels, and in all functions of Carbyne . Initiate education and training opportunities to engage staff in and to demystify the legislative process.
Who we are?
Carbyne is the global innovation leader in emergency collaboration technologies. Our technology unifies the flow of life-saving information to emergency call centers (ECCs) onto one simple platform. By using Carbyne’s innovative cloud-native tools like live video, instant chat, dynamic location and more, ECCs can now fully connect to an incident, sharing the information with emergency units, increase its response efficiency and ultimately save lives every day.
Our platform is being used in over eight countries around the world and we provide services to over 400,000,000 people in partnerships with companies like: Google, Cisco, Amazon and Microsoft.
Come to make history with us!
- A minimum of 7 years experience in government affairs and public policy environment with a comprehensive understanding of the operation of the state and local Governments.
- Experience with Federal, State, Local grants development
- Experience working with State, Local agencies to find, apply for and leverage Federal and State grants.
- Advanced degree in law, political science, business, economics or similar a plus.
- Familiarity with public policy issues that affect the technology industry a plus.
- You are a self-starter who can handle multiple projects at a time.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-02-17