Head of Government Affairs
We are seeking a head of Government Affairs in Washington.
This role will help to shape Rebellion’s outreach and engagement across the U.S. government with a particular focus on Capitol Hill. This position will play a key role in Rebellion’s ability to operationalize software-centric national security innovation and serve as a trusted partner across our government customer base and the policy community. This position will advance industry-level discussion around the implementation of AI for national security priorities and play a central role in managing and coordinating the company’s relationships on Capitol Hill, with the administration and with key industry voices.
What you’ll do:
- Work with Executive Team to develop government outreach strategy and build relationships with key stakeholders across government
- Lead, develop and execute Washington engagement efforts, to include managing outreach campaigns, and engaging with senior officials across Congress and the Administration
- Dedicate time to building Rebellion’s policy voice internally and externally
- Contribute to shaping of legislation and policy proposals to foster adoption of cutting-edge capabilities to the national security sector
- Work with Executive Team to reinforce Rebellion as a thought leader regarding the applications of AI technology for defense and national security
You may be fit for this role if you possess:
- Government Relations and Public Affairs experience in the national security or technology sectors
- Experience on Capitol Hill with demonstrated ability to navigate the legislative process.
- Experience working with Washington think tank, legislative, and administration landscapes
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and to grow and succeed in a dynamic and fast-paced work environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and project management skills
- A general understanding of modern technology to include cloud services, artificial intelligence, and Software-as-a-Service (SaaS)
- The ability to write and understand technical and legislative language
- A passion for enabling the mission of defense and national security with modern software
- Master’s degree in Political Science, Public Policy, Law, Public Administration, or Business (preferred, but not required).
Job posted: 2021-04-08