Head of Government Affairs, North America and Asia Pacific
Lime operates electric scooters and bikes, but our mission is larger. We believe in transforming cities through green, affordable, and accessible transportation for everyone. Headquartered in San Francisco, USA, we operate in more than 120 cities in 31 countries, with plans to expand responsibly. To do that, we need great people.
The Head of Government Affairs for North America and Asia Pacific will help lead Lime’s growth and strategy into new markets across the United States, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, South Korea and emerging Asian markets, while maintaining positive and strategic relationships with governments in cities where Lime vehicles are deployed.
The Head reports to the Chief Policy Officer and will be a member of the company’s Policy & Communications leadership team. The Head will lead the company into new partnerships and cities, as well as interface directly with government leaders for successful market entries. An outward-facing and highly strategic role, the Head will lead a team in expanding Lime’s reach, and help the company secure a positive regulatory environment globally.
What You’ll Do
- Lead a team of 12 across the region in government and public affairs
- Take the team’s performance to new heights through strategic goal-setting and accountable performance management
- Lead Lime’s market entry strategy in North America and Asia Pacific
- Drive strategy to win competitive city permits, RFPs, and fleet cap increasesIdentify trends in the political and business environment, and implement strategies to address those trends
- Develop a strategy for winning markets throughout the region in the medium and long-term
- Cultivate strong relationships with government leaders, businesses, organizations and other prospective partners to effectively carry out business development strategy
- Evaluate, prioritize, and discern strategic paths toward owning market share
- Assess and lead strategy around strategic public sector and NGO partnerships for the company, particularly with city governments, transit authorities, local stakeholders, and other relevant institutions
- Establish executive relationships with trade, civic and business organizations within region to advance efforts and sustain efforts in new communities
- Collaborate with marketing team on field marketing and local media activitiesLead company’s work with strategic advisers
- Manage team budget, including smart use of outside consultantsSet and carry-out the public policy and advocacy agenda for the company within the Americas and Asia Pacific regions, working collaboratively with our Operations and other teams to ensure alignment between business objectives and policy and community outreach goals
- 15+ years experience in local, state, and federal government affairs, political campaigns, advocacy or similar
- Track record of conceptualizing and implementing successful campaigns at all political levelsStrong leadership experience and proven ability to grow and inspire a team
- Excellent communications skills with the ability to speak in public
- Tenacious disposition and aptitude for overcoming obstaclesAbility to operate at both strategic and tactical levels
- A strong business development mindset and aptitude for finding strategic wins
- Government affairs know-how with experience leading or working at a high level in government arenas, particularly within city governments
- Ability to prioritize the highest impact projects and execute well under pressure while maintaining long term strategic focus
- An analytical and strategic mindset that helps quickly discern the cost-benefit analysis of your time, the company’s resources, and drive the company toward high-impact initiatives and efficient growth
- Passion for sustainability, politics, urban planning, mobility, leveraging tech for good
- Available for travel
What we offer
- Opportunity to revolutionize transportation in cities around the world with the leader in urban mobility solutions
- Scale with a rapidly growing organization, with significant opportunity for growth.
- Play a role in the transformation of urban mobility and sustainability.
- Work with a team of successful, fun and motivated people.
- Competitive salary and benefits.
At Lime, we strive to build a workforce composed of individuals with diverse backgrounds, abilities, minds, and identities that will help us to grow as a company and as individuals. Lime is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-01-26