Head of Government & Industry Affairs
Olive’s AI workforce is built to fix our broken healthcare system by addressing healthcare’s most burdensome issues — delivering hospitals and health systems increased revenue, reduced costs, and increased capacity. People feel lost in the system today and healthcare employees are essentially working in the dark due to outdated technology that creates a lack of shared knowledge and siloed data. Olive is designed to drive connections, shining a new light on the broken healthcare processes that stand between providers and patient care. She uses AI to reveal life-changing insights that make healthcare more efficient, affordable and effective. Olive’s vision is to unleash a trillion dollars of hidden potential within healthcare by connecting its disconnected systems. Olive is improving healthcare operations today, so everyone can benefit from a healthier industry tomorrow.
As Head of Government & Industry Affairs, you will be Olive’s first dedicated government affairs professional tasked with representing Olive’s interests before state/federal governmental bodies (legislative and regulatory) and relevant industry associations for a hyper-growth healthcare technology company. Deep experience and expert knowledge of state and federal healthcare programs, the health insurance system, and the legal/regulatory framework regulating the same is essential. Candidates with in-house experience at a health technology company or health insurance plan are strongly encouraged to apply and especially those with a broad, multi-state and federal professional network within the healthcare industry.
The right person will operate independently, will be a quick study, think big and creatively, and have experience developing lobbying priorities, strategies, and facilitating activities on Capitol Hill and in state legislatures. Olive deploys a flexible, distributed workforce and this position can be located anywhere in the United States, with a preference for experienced candidates located in the Washington, D.C metropolitan area. The candidate is expected to be generally available during normal business hours but will also be expected to participate in after-hours functions/events, as necessary, in furtherance of their responsibilities. The candidate will be part of Olive’s growing Legal Division, reporting directly to Olive’s General Counsel.
- Develop a nuanced understanding of Olive’s current business and future potential and assess key legislative, policy and regulatory risks and opportunities
- Develop and execute Olive’s public policy advocacy strategy
- Monitor, anticipate, and understand federal and state legislative and regulatory policy activities; offer recommendations to advance our positions, advocacy, and response
- Execute Olive’s government outreach and thought leadership by preparing position papers, policy briefings, presentations, and other materials
- Lead and manage Olive’s growing Government Affairs team
- Serve as Olive’s ambassador on Capitol Hill and to federal and state governments, advocating directly to policymakers and their staff
- Build and maintain effective relationships with key elected officials, legislative staff, and policy groups to increase Olive’s visibility, presence and influence in government
- Proactively initiate and support Olive’s public policy initiatives, including coalition and business industry alliance memberships
- Represent Olive at policy conferences, meetings and events
- Develop and lead a PAC strategy
- Hire and manage Olive’s external policy consultants and lobbyists
- Partner closely with Olive’s executive leadership and develop relationships across Olive to advance its public policy initiatives
- Closely support internal stakeholders as they engage with government officials and policy initiatives
- Bachelor’s degree; a law degree or a relevant post-graduate degree is a plus but not required
- Experience in-house at a health insurance technology company system, health insurance plan, state or federal healthcare regulatory agency, and/or broad consulting or law firm experience counseling and lobbying on behalf of healthcare clients is strongly preferred
- Demonstrated experience working directly with government officials, including advocating before Congress, the Executive Branch, and/or across state government(s) on behalf of corporations, trades associations, or interest groups
- Ability to quickly understand and address healthcare, technology, privacy and other policy issues that may impact Olive’s business interests.
- Be a patient and dynamic communicator who can explain technical details to a broad external audience and brief public policy developments to an internal audience
- Must be able to work well independently and as part of a team
- Self-starter and results-oriented
- Exceptional EQ and the ability to work within a growing, fast-paced, dynamic company and team is critical to success
At Olive, we’re committed to growing and empowering an inclusive community within our company and industry. This is why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives across our organization. Research shows that oftentimes women and other minority groups only apply to open roles if they meet 100% of the listed criteria. Olive encourages everyone — including women, people of color, individuals with disabilities and those in the LGBTQIA+ community — to apply for our available positions, even if they don’t necessarily check every box on the job description.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned.
This job description does not constitute a contract of employment and Olive AI, Inc. may exercise its employment-at-will rights at any time.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-05-30